Velocity Reviews

-   -   setTimeout (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t157655-settimeout.html)

JR 04-15-2004 11:08 AM

setTimeout

Hi,

I want to use in javascript-html the command setTimeout.
My problem is now How can I add a parameter
I want to parce the same parameter that called the routine called 't'
the problem is that it won't work with me
this is my code that I use
setTimeout("proc()",20);
It is the last line withing function proc

thanks

Jan

Andrew Urquhart 04-15-2004 11:36 AM

Re: setTimeout

JR wrote:
> I want to parce the same parameter that called the routine called 't'
> the problem is that it won't work with me
> this is my code that I use
> setTimeout("proc()",20);
> It is the last line withing function proc

function proc(strArg) {
setTimeout("proc(\"" + strArg + "\")", 20);
}

BTW: 20 milliseconds is probably below the granularity of most system
clocks
FYI: news:comp.lang.javascript
--
Andrew Urquhart
- FAQ: www.html-faq.com/

JR 04-15-2004 12:06 PM

Re: setTimeout

Thanks
Everything works fine now

Jan

Whitecrest 04-15-2004 12:07 PM

Re: setTimeout

In article <P2ufc.71935$Jk2.4835432@phobos.telenet-ops.be>,
XXX.X@pandora.XXXX says...
> I want to use in javascript-html the command setTimeout.
> My problem is now How can I add a parameter
> I want to parce the same parameter that called the routine called 't'

First, what the heck is "t" Give it a name, it makes debugging easier.

> setTimeout("proc()",20);

setTimeout("proc(" + t + ")",20);

--
Whitecrest Entertainment