Velocity Reviews

-   -   How to close a form (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t157367-how-to-close-a-form.html)

Steven Malcolm 03-02-2004 05:28 AM

How to close a form

Hello

I am totally new to HTML.

What I need is a way to close a form, i have already tried to use code like

<form>
<input type="button" value="Close Window" onClick="self.close()">
</form>

But this brings another little form saying that the form is trying to close
the window.

What I need is a button, but oes not ask if you want to close the for, just
closes.

TIA

Steven

Mark Parnell 03-02-2004 05:30 AM

Re: How to close a form

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 16:28:14 +1100, "Steven Malcolm"
<misssewandsew@ozemail.com.au> declared in alt.html:

> What I need is a way to close a form

</form>

> But this brings another little form saying that the form is trying to close
> the window.

So you actually want to close the window, not a form. See that X in the
top right-hand corner of the window? That's what that is for.

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

dave conz 03-02-2004 06:30 AM

Re: How to close a form

Steven Malcolm wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am totally new to HTML.
>
> What I need is a way to close a form, i have already tried to use code like
>
> <form>
> <input type="button" value="Close Window" onClick="self.close()">
> </form>
>
> But this brings another little form saying that the form is trying to close
> the window.
>
> What I need is a button, but oes not ask if you want to close the for, just
> closes.
>

> TIA
>

> Steven

The alert you are seeing is a browser function, quite rightly informing
the user that something on the page is trying to close the window. You
cannot change it.
-dave
-------------------
http://www.mediacollege.com - Free video & electronic media resources

SpaceGirl 03-02-2004 10:27 AM

Re: How to close a form

"dave conz" <nospam@forme.please> wrote in message
> Steven Malcolm wrote:
>
> > Hello
> >
> > I am totally new to HTML.
> >
> > What I need is a way to close a form, i have already tried to use code

like

> > <form>
> > <input type="button" value="Close Window"

onClick="self.close()">
> > </form>
> >
> > But this brings another little form saying that the form is trying to

close
> > the window.
> >
> > What I need is a button, but oes not ask if you want to close the for,

just
> > closes.
> >

> > TIA
> >

> > Steven
> >

> The alert you are seeing is a browser function, quite rightly informing
> the user that something on the page is trying to close the window. You
> cannot change it.
> -dave

Yes you can :) If the browser window was "created" (popped-up) by a script,
then the the window.close(); event will not trigger the message if the child
window or the parent window triggers the event... But if it's a regular
window, you cant avoid the message.