Velocity Reviews

-   -   Preventing in-page playing of wma-files in XP (which are started from .wax-files) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t156913-preventing-in-page-playing-of-wma-files-in-xp-which-are-started-from-wax-files.html)

Erik van Duijn 01-30-2004 01:35 PM

Preventing in-page playing of wma-files in XP (which are started from .wax-files)

Hi

does anyone know a way to force the media player of Windows XP to lay in the
normal pop-up window-like player instead of creating a small window on the
left hand side of the screen. The latter namely gives problems with my
navigation slide menu (does not work anymore after this happens)
I play the WMA from wax-files so I was wondering whether I could add an
option or something like that in these files in order to force a normal
media player window.

Thanks
Erik
**************************************
To send me an email, please remove "WIPETHISSTRING" from my email-adress
**************************************

Spartanicus 01-30-2004 02:03 PM

Re: Preventing in-page playing of wma-files in XP (which are started from .wax-files)

"Erik van Duijn" <WIPETHISSTRINGevduijn@wish.nl> wrote:

>does anyone know a way to force the media player of Windows XP to lay in the
>normal pop-up window-like player instead of creating a small window on the
>left hand side of the screen. The latter namely gives problems with my
>navigation slide menu (does not work anymore after this happens)
>I play the WMA from wax-files so I was wondering whether I could add an
>option or something like that in these files in order to force a normal
>media player window.

This is a function of your browser, nothing to do with authoring.

--
Spartanicus

Erik van Duijn 01-30-2004 04:14 PM

Re: Preventing in-page playing of wma-files in XP (which are started from .wax-files)

Hi "Spartanicus"

please clearify your answer a bit for me (my native language is not
english - you know ;-)
Do you mean that it is a browser plugin?
And if this is the case: Can't I force it to use an external program like
mediaplayer instead of this plugin then?

Thanks in advance
Erik
**************************************
"Spartanicus" <me@privacy.net> schreef in bericht
news:10pk10584vumvukbng64m4tloj87gsmtl5@news.spart anicus.utvinternet.ie...

Spartanicus 01-30-2004 05:22 PM

Re: Preventing in-page playing of wma-files in XP (which are started from .wax-files)

"Erik van Duijn" <WIPETHISSTRINGevduijn@wish.nl> wrote:

>Hi "Spartanicus"

Please do not top post (fixed this once), secondly please fix your
newsreader config, currently the quoted message you are responding to is
placed beneath a sig delimiter (causing it not to show up when following
up to your message).

>>>does anyone know a way to force the media player of Windows XP to lay in
>>>the normal pop-up window-like player instead of creating a small window on
>>>the left hand side of the screen.
>>>

>> This is a function of your browser, nothing to do with authoring.

>please clearify your answer a bit for me

I presume that this is how IE6 handles multimedia, look for an option in
IE6's preferences to disable it if you don't like it. It's not caused by
anything on the page in question, try the same page in another browser
(Opera or Mozilla for example, or even IE5.x which doesn't have IE6's MM
side panel) and you will see that they will open MS MediaPlayer in it's
own window.

--
Spartanicus