Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   HTML (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f31-html.html)
-   -   How to improve this page. (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t156698-how-to-improve-this-page.html)

Luigi Donatello Asero 01-16-2004 02:27 PM

How to improve this page.
 
How can I improve this page?
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/marcianamarina.html



--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)


http://www.italymap.dk
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/en/welcome.html





Whitecrest 01-16-2004 03:46 PM

Re: How to improve this page.
 
In article <DxSNb.44904$mU6.166345@newsb.telia.net>,
jaggillarfotboll@telia.com says...
> How can I improve this page?
> http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/marcianamarina.html


Ok, for once I am going to be brutal and tell you exactly what I think
of your page.

First get a better photographer, The room pics leave a lot to be
desired. they are dark and they make the room look small and dirty.
Either get some more light in there, or hire a pro to take the pictures.

I would leave the site the moment it came. Here is why. It instantly
bored me to death. Can't read a word of it, but I am assuming this is
a vacation rental or spa. Well show me VACATION!!! show me what I will
get if I come there. And show it to my by making your site more alive,
bright, fun do something.

Yea, it might be perfect as far as the HTML and CSS goes, but come on
you are using a dirty yellow background with puke green and orange all
over the place. And then you show me dirty rooms. (Yes I know they are
not really dirty, but in the pictures they look it). This is supposed
to make me want to go there?

Mind you, this is only an opinion, but it is truly what I think, I was
not trying to be mean, only completely honest. Others may think the site
it the best in the world, and they could be right too.

--
Whitecrest Entertainment
www.whitecrestent.com

Nico Schuyt 01-16-2004 04:13 PM

Re: How to improve this page.
 
Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
> How can I improve this page?
> http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/marcianamarina.html


Well, I agree with Whitecrest. The design and the quality of the coding are
improved in the past year(s) (compared with a page like
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/indirizzi.html) but a lot of things can
be done.
Start using better quality of pictures and place them more on top of the
page. Now I have to scroll to see a picture
Look again at the menu. Try to use not more than one or two words in each
button. Cann't "Kontakta Scaiecat Spa Gigi" not be replaced by "Kontakta"?
Group the items.
BTW how much time did it take you so far? Wasn't it a lot easier and cheaper
to hire a professional? :-)
Nico



mark | r 01-16-2004 04:18 PM

Re: How to improve this page.
 
damned thats badly designed - the colours look bad, the layout is bad...
mark

"Luigi Donatello Asero" <jaggillarfotboll@telia.com> wrote in message
news:DxSNb.44904$mU6.166345@newsb.telia.net...
> How can I improve this page?
> http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/marcianamarina.html
>
>
>
> --
> Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
>
>
> http://www.italymap.dk
> http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/en/welcome.html
>
>
>
>




Luigi Donatello Asero 01-16-2004 07:46 PM

Re: How to improve this page.
 

"mark | r" <trooperbill@hotmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:40080ed9$0$23462$cc9e4d1f@news.dial.pipex.com ...
> damned thats badly designed - the colours look bad, the layout is bad...
> mark


I asked about an opinon about how to improve the page and not whether it was
good or bad.

--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)


http://www.italymap.dk
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/en/welcome.html





Luigi Donatello Asero 01-16-2004 07:46 PM

Re: How to improve this page.
 

"Nico Schuyt" <nschuyt@hotmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:40080d4c$0$59444$1b62eedf@news.wanadoo.nl...
> Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
> > How can I improve this page?
> > http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/marcianamarina.html

>
> Well, I agree with Whitecrest. The design and the quality of the coding

are
> improved in the past year(s) (compared with a page like
> http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/indirizzi.html) but a lot of things

can
> be done.


May-be I missed something but I do not think that Whitecrest suggested that
The design and the quality of the coding hade been improved in the past
year,
so I would say that this is your opinion not necessarily his, he might think
that the quality has got worse.
> Start using better quality of pictures and place them more on top of the
> page. Now I have to scroll to see a picture

Again, the quality of pictures does not always depend on me...
however, you may have a look at www.google.it
select "images" and search "gabbiano". There is a picture on that page which
I made myself and is on the website
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com
It is on the first page of the results.

> Look again at the menu. Try to use not more than one or two words in each
> button. Cann't "Kontakta Scaiecat Spa Gigi" not be replaced by "Kontakta"?
> Group the items.

I have already grouped the items of the menu. What do you actually mean?

> BTW how much time did it take you so far? Wasn't it a lot easier and

cheaper
> to hire a professional? :-)
> Nico


No, it had been more difficult and more expensive.
Besides,
it is much better to learn. Do you not like learning?
To learn something often implies that something is cheaper in the long run.
On top of this, I doubt whether a professional had made a better job. One
reason for that is that I see as an advantage that the one who creates the
site also understand all the texts.
which are written on it in all the languages. How many professionals do you
know in the computer design who can at least Italian, Swedish, German,
English and French?

--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)


http://www.italymap.dk
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/en/welcome.html






Luigi Donatello Asero 01-16-2004 07:46 PM

Re: How to improve this page.
 

"Whitecrest" <whitecrest@zipzap.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:MPG.1a71d169efa98bce9899a3@news.charter.net.. .
> In article <DxSNb.44904$mU6.166345@newsb.telia.net>,
> jaggillarfotboll@telia.com says...
> > How can I improve this page?
> > http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/marcianamarina.html

>
> Ok, for once I am going to be brutal and tell you exactly what I think
> of your page.
>
> First get a better photographer, The room pics leave a lot to be
> desired. they are dark and they make the room look small and dirty.
> Either get some more light in there, or hire a pro to take the pictures.

I appreciate very much that you say your opinion. I also say mine now:
you did not give many suggestions in my opinion.
The photos of the apartment have been sent by the person who rents the
apartment (see below)

> I would leave the site the moment it came. Here is why. It instantly
> bored me to death. Can't read a word of it, but I am assuming this is
> a vacation rental or spa. Well show me VACATION!!! show me what I will
> get if I come there. And show it to my by making your site more alive,
> bright, fun do something.


As to colours it is a matter of taste, I am under the impression, for
example that people in the Northern part of Europe ( I may be wrong of
course)
do not like bright colours that much. Also, there was someone in the group,
as far as I remember who critizised the fact that the colours on the website
were too bright. Again, this shows in my opinion that people often have
different tastes about colours.
No, the page does not tell you about any spa. It tells you about the
intermediation for rent of an holiday lodging ( apart fromt the links) and
shows photos of the island Elba.

> Yea, it might be perfect as far as the HTML and CSS goes, but come on
> you are using a dirty yellow background with puke green and orange all
> over the place. And then you show me dirty rooms. (Yes I know they are
> not really dirty, but in the pictures they look it). This is supposed
> to make me want to go there?


It might be perfect or is it perfect? Any suggestion about CSS or HTML?'

> Mind you, this is only an opinion, but it is truly what I think, I was
> not trying to be mean, only completely honest. Others may think the site
> it the best in the world, and they could be right too.


I know that it is only your opinion


--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)


http://www.italymap.dk
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/en/welcome.html






Nico Schuyt 01-16-2004 08:13 PM

Re: How to improve this page.
 
Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
> "Nico Schuyt" skrev
>> Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:


>>> http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/marcianamarina.html


>> Well, I agree with Whitecrest. The design and the quality of the
>> coding are improved in the past year(s) (compared with a page like
>> http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/indirizzi.html) but a lot of
>> things can be done.


> May-be I missed something but I do not think that Whitecrest
> suggested that The design and the quality of the coding hade been
> improved in the past year,


Whitecrest: "Yea, it might be perfect as far as the HTML and CSS goes"
and I'm pretty sure he agrees that pages like
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/indirizzi.html is far worse then your
present ones.

> so I would say that this is your opinion not necessarily his, he
> might think that the quality has got worse.


Hardly possible :-)

>> Start using better quality of pictures and place them more on top of
>> the page. Now I have to scroll to see a picture


> Again, the quality of pictures does not always depend on me...


I know, it was discussed before. And you'll hear it probably often in the
future. Just get better pictures :-)

>> Look again at the menu. Try to use not more than one or two words in
>> each button. Cann't "Kontakta Scaiecat Spa Gigi" not be replaced by
>> "Kontakta"? Group the items.


> I have already grouped the items of the menu. What do you actually
> mean?


More compact menus for easier navigation

>> BTW how much time did it take you so far? Wasn't it a lot easier and
>> cheaper to hire a professional? :-)


> No, it had been more difficult and more expensive.


I doubt that.

Cheers, Nico



Luigi Donatello Asero 01-16-2004 08:19 PM

Re: How to improve this page.
 

"Luigi Donatello Asero" <jaggillarfotboll@telia.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:mcXNb.44936$mU6.166474@newsb.telia.net...
>
> "Nico Schuyt" <nschuyt@hotmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
> news:40080d4c$0$59444$1b62eedf@news.wanadoo.nl...
> > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
> > > How can I improve this page?
> > > http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/marcianamarina.html

> >
> > Well, I agree with Whitecrest. The design and the quality of the coding

> are
> > improved in the past year(s) (compared with a page like
> > http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/indirizzi.html) but a lot of things

> can
> > be done.

>
> May-be I missed something but I do not think that Whitecrest suggested

that
> The design and the quality of the coding hade been improved in the past
> year,
> so I would say that this is your opinion not necessarily his, he might

think
> that the quality has got worse.
> > Start using better quality of pictures and place them more on top of the
> > page. Now I have to scroll to see a picture

> Again, the quality of pictures does not always depend on me...
> however, you may have a look at www.google.it
> select "images" and search "gabbiano". There is a picture on that page

which
> I made myself and is on the website
> http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com
> It is on the first page of the results.


http://images.google.it/images?q=gab...oe=UTF-8&hl=it




--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)


http://www.italymap.dk
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/en/welcome.html






Luigi Donatello Asero 01-16-2004 08:19 PM

Re: How to improve this page.
 

"Luigi Donatello Asero" <jaggillarfotboll@telia.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:mcXNb.44936$mU6.166474@newsb.telia.net...
>
> "Nico Schuyt" <nschuyt@hotmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
> news:40080d4c$0$59444$1b62eedf@news.wanadoo.nl...
> > Look again at the menu. Try to use not more than one or two words in

each
> > button. Cann't "Kontakta Scaiecat Spa Gigi" not be replaced by

"Kontakta"?

I do not think that it would be a good idea to replace it by "kontakta"
because the word would not say much out of the context when it is saved by
robots.


--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)


http://www.italymap.dk
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/en/welcome.html







All times are GMT. The time now is 10:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.