Velocity Reviews

-   -   Help - Can a DOS batch file be executed from HTML? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t156696-help-can-a-dos-batch-file-be-executed-from-html.html)

oops@its.me 01-16-2004 01:41 PM

Help - Can a DOS batch file be executed from HTML?

I read that a .exe file can't. So I am curious.

Thank you

Whitecrest 01-16-2004 01:46 PM

Re: Help - Can a DOS batch file be executed from HTML?

In article <5eqf0050ncjtsbhsup0f0vq1lna0a19coi@4ax.com>, oops@its.me
says...
> I read that a .exe file can't. So I am curious.

From HTML, neither. From a web page, you can easily launch exe's, dll's
and batch files.

--
Whitecrest Entertainment
www.whitecrestent.com

Toby A Inkster 01-16-2004 06:45 PM

oops wrote:

> Help - Can a DOS batch file be executed from HTML?

*Where* do you want the DOS batch file to run? On the client, or on the
server?

Server - yes, but it depends on:

1. Does the server run DOS/Windows?
2. Server settings.