Velocity Reviews

-   -   Can someone explain this IE/Opera behavior to me? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t156056-can-someone-explain-this-ie-opera-behavior-to-me.html)

delerious@no.spam.com 12-03-2003 04:28 AM

Can someone explain this IE/Opera behavior to me?

Please take a look at this page:
http://home.comcast.net/~delerious1/index.html

In Opera, if you move the mouse a few pixels to the right of the items, it
will still let you click on them for some reason.

In IE, if you move the mouse into the area between items, it will still let
you click on the lower item for some reason.

Mozilla exhibits none of these problems. How can I correct these problems in
IE and Opera? Thanks!

Here is the stylesheet I am using:

A {
color: white;
display: block;
height: 100%;
padding: 0 0.4em 0 0;
text-decoration: none;
width: 100%;
}

BODY {
background: white;
margin: 0 0 0 0;
padding: 0 0 0 0;
}

DIV {
left: 0;
position: absolute;
top: 70px;
}

TABLE {
border-collapse: separate;
border-spacing: 2px;
color: white;
font-family: Verdana;
font-size: x-small;
font-weight: normal;
}

TD {
background: rgb(0,128,255);
padding: 0 0 0 0;
}

brucie 12-03-2003 04:35 AM

Re: Can someone explain this IE/Opera behavior to me?

in post <news:3fcd62af.82924657@news.md.comcast.giganews.c om>
delerious@no.spam.com said:

> Please take a look at this page:
> http://home.comcast.net/~delerious1/index.html
>
> In Opera, if you move the mouse a few pixels to the right of the items, it
> will still let you click on them for some reason.

on my setup it looks like about 1px. stop being so pedantic no one is
going to notice.

> In IE, if you move the mouse into the area between items, it will still let
> you click on the lower item for some reason.

the mouse returns to an arrow and clicking does nothing.
IE6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.030422-1633

--
brucie
03/December/2003 02:27:12 pm kilo