Velocity Reviews

-   -   How to do "Jump" (link?) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t156039-how-to-do-jump-link.html)

Galsaba 12-02-2003 04:38 PM

How to do "Jump" (link?)

My html file is under the name index.html.
I want that if some one goes to this page, it will automatically
"jump" to a diferent page, wich is "main.html" ,
without clicking on any links, lines, buttons, etc.

Thanks

Joel

Sid Ismail 12-02-2003 05:11 PM

Re: How to do "Jump" (link?)

On 02 Dec 2003 16:38:10 GMT, galsaba@aol.com (Galsaba) wrote:

: My html file is under the name index.html.
: I want that if some one goes to this page, it will automatically
: "jump" to a diferent page, wich is "main.html" ,
: without clicking on any links, lines, buttons, etc.

Ask your host.
I did, when registering my site, and www.elsid.co.za catches
www.elsid.co.za/index.html

Sid

Galsaba 12-02-2003 05:25 PM

Re: How to do "Jump" (link?)

There is an html tag for it, but I forgot...

Steve R. 12-02-2003 05:29 PM

Re: How to do "Jump" (link?)

Galsaba wrote in message ...
> My html file is under the name index.html.
> I want that if some one goes to this page, it will automatically
> "jump" to a different page, wich is "main.html"

Then why don't you just put the content of 'main.htm' onto the 'index.htm' page and
just rejiggle your internal links (if you have any) :~)

Steve.

Galsaba 12-02-2003 05:34 PM

Re: How to do "Jump" (link?)

Because I want to keep the name i wanted. Also, I wanted to know how to do
it...

Louis Somers 12-02-2003 05:48 PM

Re: How to do "Jump" (link?)

galsaba@aol.com (Galsaba) wrote in news:20031202113810.01665.00000008@mb-
m18.aol.com:

> My html file is under the name index.html.
> I want that if some one goes to this page, it will automatically
> "jump" to a diferent page, wich is "main.html" ,
> without clicking on any links, lines, buttons, etc.
>
> Thanks
>
> Joel

Here is a javascript redirection. Make an index.html file with this in it:

<head>
window.top.location.href="main.html";
</script>
<title>please wait...</title>
</head>
Please wait, Redirecting...

--
News Updater, No scripts, No Database
http://www.xmlssoftware.com/NUpdater

Galsaba 12-02-2003 06:19 PM

Re: How to do "Jump" (link?)

Great, and I appreciate it, but there must be html command that do the
same...do u know?

Louis Somers 12-02-2003 06:44 PM

Re: How to do "Jump" (link?)

galsaba@aol.com (Galsaba) wrote in news:20031202131926.13675.00000026@mb-
m10.aol.com:

> Great, and I appreciate it, but there must be html command that do the
> same...do u know?

Not any HTML that I know of, though you can use a .htaccess file in your
directory if the server is running Apache. That will be even better than
letting the user first load the wrong file. Put this line in it:

DirectoryIndex main.html

Don't give the file any extension (.txt or so) but save it exactly with the
name ".htaccess". This only works on an Apache server.

PS. Leave the "onload="BreakOut();" in the body tag away in my last post if
you'r going to use it.

Sid Ismail 12-02-2003 11:17 PM

Re: How to do "Jump" (link?)

On 02 Dec 2003 18:19:26 GMT, galsaba@aol.com (Galsaba) wrote:

: Great, and I appreciate it, but there must be html command that do the
: same...do u know?

Ask your server - the cname thingy...

Sid

Jeff Weiss 12-03-2003 03:39 AM

Re: How to do "Jump" (link?)

Add this inside of your <head></head> section

where 0 is the number of seconds to wait.