Velocity Reviews

-   -   page to open itself without all the chrome (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t155992-page-to-open-itself-without-all-the-chrome.html)

net 11-28-2003 11:49 PM

page to open itself without all the chrome

I know how to make a page open itself at a certain size and location - I
use:

<head><script language="Javascript">
window.resizeTo(370,220);
window.moveTo(10,10);
</script>
</head>
page content here</body>

Problem is, this page opens with
toolbar,location,directories,status,menubar,scroll bars etc, which I don't
want. Is there a script that will make this same page open without
the toolbar,location,directories...etc.
Please note: this page isn't going on the internet, it's for personal use so
no-one's going to be ****ed off with having their browser altered. I want to
have a html page on my hard drive, with a shortcut to it on the desktop.
What I would like is that when I double click the shortcut the page opens,
(at the right location and size) but without the toolbar and all the other
bumf. Is this possible?

Leif K-Brooks 11-29-2003 05:08 AM

Re: page to open itself without all the chrome

net wrote:
> I know how to make a page open itself at a certain size and location - I
> use:

<snip>
> Problem is, this page opens with
> toolbar,location,directories,status,menubar,scroll bars etc, which I don't
> want. Is there a script that will make this same page open without
> the toolbar,location,directories...etc.
> Please note: this page isn't going on the internet, it's for personal use so
> no-one's going to be ****ed off with having their browser altered. I want to
> have a html page on my hard drive, with a shortcut to it on the desktop.
> What I would like is that when I double click the shortcut the page opens,
> (at the right location and size) but without the toolbar and all the other
> bumf. Is this possible?

If it's just for your personal use and you use Windows and IE, you may
want to create an HTML Application. See
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/a...taoverview.asp

-Art- 11-29-2003 05:45 AM

Re: page to open itself without all the chrome

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 05:08:31 GMT, Leif K-Brooks
<eurleif@ecritters.biz> wrote:

>net wrote:
>> I know how to make a page open itself at a certain size and location - I
>> use:

><snip>
>> Problem is, this page opens with
>> toolbar,location,directories,status,menubar,scroll bars etc, which I don't
>> want. Is there a script that will make this same page open without
>> the toolbar,location,directories...etc.
>> Please note: this page isn't going on the internet, it's for personal use so
>> no-one's going to be ****ed off with having their browser altered. I want to
>> have a html page on my hard drive, with a shortcut to it on the desktop.
>> What I would like is that when I double click the shortcut the page opens,
>> (at the right location and size) but without the toolbar and all the other
>> bumf. Is this possible?

>If it's just for your personal use and you use Windows and IE, you may
>want to create an HTML Application. See
>http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/a...taoverview.asp

go here: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...chromeless.htm

-Art-