Velocity Reviews

-   -   Forms (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t155935-forms.html)

Tom 11-25-2003 03:15 AM

Forms

Hi,
Could someone please tell me whether there is a script available to do
the following;

On my website I would like to have people fill out a form with certain
details and when they hit 'enter' or 'send' the information which the have
just entered will be outputted to another page on my website almost
immediately.

With my current web hosting provider, I have a CGI-BIN and can run PHP
websites.

Thanks for your help

Tom

---

Andy Holmes 11-25-2003 05:09 AM

Re: Forms

Tom wrote:
> Hi,
> Could someone please tell me whether there is a script available to do
> the following;
>
> On my website I would like to have people fill out a form with certain
> details and when they hit 'enter' or 'send' the information which the have
> just entered will be outputted to another page on my website almost
> immediately.
>
> With my current web hosting provider, I have a CGI-BIN and can run PHP
> websites.

It's very possible to that with PHP. I would recommend reading up a bit
on PHP because what you're asking is really trivial given a bit of
reading. The PHP manual at www.php.net is a good start.

- Andy

Safalra 11-25-2003 12:03 PM

Re: Forms

"Tom" <tom@dingoblue.com.au> wrote in message news:<3fc2c958$0$14048$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com. au>...
> On my website I would like to have people fill out a form with certain
> details and when they hit 'enter' or 'send' the information which the have
> just entered will be outputted to another page on my website almost
> immediately.
> With my current web hosting provider, I have a CGI-BIN and can run PHP
> websites.

Depending on whether you want to use the GET or the POST method,
you'll want variants on either:

http://www.safalra.com/programming/php/getecho.php

Or:

http://www.safalra.com/programming/php/postecho.php