Velocity Reviews

-   -   IE does not display full HTML source (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t155860-ie-does-not-display-full-html-source.html)

A Causal 11-19-2003 07:45 AM

IE does not display full HTML source

I've been looking at HTML source using the view source option in IE 6
under XP. With most pages, this displays the full source. With some
pages, however, only a few lines of source are displayed. What could
be causing this and is there a way to get IE to display the full
source? Thanks.

rf 11-19-2003 07:54 AM

Re: IE does not display full HTML source

"A Causal" <otcad2@cs.com> wrote in message
news:29336d92.0311182345.136dabad@posting.google.c om...
> I've been looking at HTML source using the view source option in IE 6
> under XP. With most pages, this displays the full source. With some
> pages, however, only a few lines of source are displayed. What could
> be causing this and is there a way to get IE to display the full
> source? Thanks.

I'll bet you are looking at a framed page. Right click>view source on each
frame in the frameset to view the individual pages source.

Cheers
Richard.

Sid Ismail 11-19-2003 10:14 AM

On 18 Nov 2003 23:45:53 -0800, otcad2@cs.com (A Causal) wrote:

: I've been looking at HTML source using the view source option in IE 6
: under XP. With most pages, this displays the full source. With some
: pages, however, only a few lines of source are displayed. What could
: be causing this and is there a way to get IE to display the full
: source? Thanks.

Dunno what you're on about. State a URL.

Sid

Toby A Inkster 11-19-2003 06:19 PM

A Causal wrote:

> I've been looking at HTML source using the view source option in IE 6
> under XP. With most pages, this displays the full source. With some
> pages, however, only a few lines of source are displayed. What could
> be causing this and is there a way to get IE to display the full
> source?

Scroll down?

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

A Causal 11-20-2003 07:40 AM

"rf" <making.it.up@the.time> wrote in message news:<xkFub.17208$aT.11442@news-server.bigpond.net.au>...
> "A Causal" <otcad2@cs.com> wrote in message
> news:29336d92.0311182345.136dabad@posting.google.c om...
> > I've been looking at HTML source using the view source option in IE 6
> > under XP. With most pages, this displays the full source. With some
> > pages, however, only a few lines of source are displayed. What could
> > be causing this and is there a way to get IE to display the full
> > source? Thanks.

> I'll bet you are looking at a framed page. Right click>view source on each
> frame in the frameset to view the individual pages source.
>
> Cheers
> Richard.

You are exactly right. Thanks. And thanks to the others who responded.

rf 11-20-2003 09:24 AM

news:29336d92.0311192340.d55e9f1@posting.google.co m...
> "rf" <making.it.up@the.time> wrote in message

> > "A Causal" <otcad2@cs.com> wrote in message
> > news:29336d92.0311182345.136dabad@posting.google.c om...
> > > I've been looking at HTML source using the view source option in IE 6
> > > under XP. With most pages, this displays the full source. With some
> > > pages, however, only a few lines of source are displayed. What could
> > > be causing this and is there a way to get IE to display the full
> > > source? Thanks.

> > I'll bet you are looking at a framed page. Right click>view source on

each
> > frame in the frameset to view the individual pages source.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Richard.

> You are exactly right. Thanks. And thanks to the others who responded.

<grin/>