Velocity Reviews

-   -   automatic screen resizing (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t155822-automatic-screen-resizing.html)

News [Karoo] 11-16-2003 10:43 PM

automatic screen resizing

hi

i'm very new to this html malarky and was wondering if there was some txt i
can put at the beginning of my page that would automatically re-format my
page in accordance with the page size the user/viewer has - mainly so that
my tables and borders are correctly sized and in proportion

any help greatly appreciated

regards

Alex

email: joyriderMY PANTS@hotmail.com
[remove MY PANTS to reply]

David Dorward 11-16-2003 10:59 PM

Re: automatic screen resizing

News [Karoo] wrote:

> i'm very new to this html malarky and was wondering if there was some txt
> i can put at the beginning of my page that would automatically re-format
> my page in accordance with the page size the user/viewer has - mainly so
> that
> my tables and borders are correctly sized and in proportion

HTML documents scale to fit the canvas by default. The only reason they
won't is if the author has explicitly said otherwise (or if there is a very
wide image or similar that is wider then the window).

<http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?AnySizeDesign>

--
David Dorward http://dorward.me.uk/