Velocity Reviews

-   -   Embed flash in a rollover? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t155393-embed-flash-in-a-rollover.html)

david 10-20-2003 04:14 PM

Embed flash in a rollover?

Just wondering if this is possible : I want to have a graphic
(static), but when the button rolls over it - I want a FLASH animation
to start.
Can anyone tell me how this is done and even give me the html is
possible? Thanks

BTW, I am doing the roller states in ImageReady 2.0 on win98

Genghis Kahn 10-20-2003 04:30 PM

Re: Embed flash in a rollover?

david <johnsonholding@yahoo.com> wrote in

> Just wondering if this is possible : I want to have a graphic
> (static), but when the button rolls over it - I want a FLASH animation
> to start.
> Can anyone tell me how this is done and even give me the html is
> possible? Thanks
>
> BTW, I am doing the roller states in ImageReady 2.0 on win98

I was trying to do this myself a while ago. The best solution I came across
was to program the rollover into the flash document.

Personally I decided in the end to have the static image be clickable, and
have the flash preloader run before the static image poped up.

---------------------
alt255.blackangel.net
---------------------
The Almighty Tallest.
---------------------

Whitecrest 10-20-2003 07:03 PM

Re: Embed flash in a rollover?

In article <Xns941A607B655DAalt255@68.12.19.6>, supergerbil@hotmail.com
says...
> > Just wondering if this is possible : I want to have a graphic
> > (static), but when the button rolls over it - I want a FLASH animation
> > to start.
> > Can anyone tell me how this is done and even give me the html is
> > possible? Thanks
> > BTW, I am doing the roller states in ImageReady 2.0 on win98

> I was trying to do this myself a while ago. The best solution I came across
> was to program the rollover into the flash document.
> Personally I decided in the end to have the static image be clickable, and
> have the flash preloader run before the static image poped up.

This can easily be done with Actionscript and Javascript. You can
completely control a Flash movie from Javascript.

You could even put the flash above the image and make the window mode
transparent. Then have the alpha set to 0 and when you mouse over "what
ever" or click on "what ever" you fade the Alpha to 100 and the
animation would fade in over what ever is under it.

<disclaimer>not everyone will see the effect.</disclaimer>

--
Whitecrest Entertainment
www.whitecrestent.com

david 10-20-2003 08:07 PM

Re: Embed flash in a rollover?

>This can easily be done with Actionscript and Javascript. You can
>completely control a Flash movie from Javascript.
>
>You could even put the flash above the image and make the window mode
>transparent. Then have the alpha set to 0 and when you mouse over "what
>ever" or click on "what ever" you fade the Alpha to 100 and the
>animation would fade in over what ever is under it.
>
><disclaimer>not everyone will see the effect.</disclaimer>

Ok, but how is it done?!?!??!?! IS there some html I could look at?

Whitecrest 10-20-2003 11:30 PM

Re: Embed flash in a rollover?

In article <73g8pv8n5vfs5j5j74o475pkn79egiuk7t@4ax.com>,
johnsonholding@yahoo.com says...
> >This can easily be done with Actionscript and Javascript. You can
> >completely control a Flash movie from Javascript.
> >
> >You could even put the flash above the image and make the window mode
> >transparent. Then have the alpha set to 0 and when you mouse over "what
> >ever" or click on "what ever" you fade the Alpha to 100 and the
> >animation would fade in over what ever is under it.
> ><disclaimer>not everyone will see the effect.</disclaimer>

> Ok, but how is it done?!?!??!?! IS there some html I could look at?

Here is a place to start,

http://www.macromedia.com/support/fl...ts/tn4160.html

You can also go to www.flashkit.com They also have some tutorials for
this.