Velocity Reviews

-   -   how to aign text in tablecells using css-file (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t155120-how-to-aign-text-in-tablecells-using-css-file.html)

Hugo de Payns 10-02-2003 11:00 AM

how to aign text in tablecells using css-file

I like to align the text in the td to the top of the cell.
Using <tr valign=top> in html works fine, but i like to have the same
effect in the use of an css.file.

Is there a way to achive this??

Just an table example
<TABLE>
<TR>
<TD>text</TD>
<TD>text text</TD>
<TD>text text text</TD>
<TD>text text text text</TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>

TIA

Steve Pugh 10-02-2003 11:10 AM

Re: how to aign text in tablecells using css-file

Hugo de Payns <hugo.de.payns@freeler.nl> wrote:

>I like to align the text in the td to the top of the cell.
>Using <tr valign=top> in html works fine, but i like to have the same
>effect in the use of an css.file.

vertical-align: top;

Steve

Steve Pugh <steve@pugh.net> <http://steve.pugh.net/>

Kris 10-02-2003 11:14 AM

Re: how to aign text in tablecells using css-file

In article <g41onv8aldp1jtka46prnlk42ei7bs1aed@4ax.com>,
Hugo de Payns <hugo.de.payns@freeler.nl> wrote:

> I like to align the text in the td to the top of the cell.
> Using <tr valign=top> in html works fine, but i like to have the same
> effect in the use of an css.file.
>
> Is there a way to achive this??

[table source snipped]

td, th { vertical-align: top; }

--
Kris
kristiaan@xs4all.netherlands (nl)

brucie 10-02-2003 11:14 AM

Re: how to aign text in tablecells using css-file

In post <g41onv8aldp1jtka46prnlk42ei7bs1aed@4ax.com>
Hugo de Payns said...

> I like to align the text in the td to the top of the cell.

vertical-align:top;

--
02/October/2003 09:14:32 pm

rf 10-02-2003 11:21 AM

"Hugo de Payns" <hugo.de.payns@freeler.nl> wrote in message
> I like to align the text in the td to the top of the cell.

vertical-align: top;

> Using <tr valign=top> in html works fine, but i like to have the same
> effect in the use of an css.file.
>
> Is there a way to achive this??
>
> Just an table example
> <TABLE>
> <TR>
> <TD>text</TD>
> <TD>text text</TD>
> <TD>text text text</TD>
> <TD>text text text text</TD>
> </TR>
> </TABLE>

Does not look like tabular data to me :-)

Cheers
Richard.

Leif K-Brooks 10-02-2003 02:43 PM

Re: how to aign text in tablecells using css-file

Hugo de Payns <hugo.de.payns@freeler.nl> wrote in message news:<g41onv8aldp1jtka46prnlk42ei7bs1aed@4ax.com>. ..
> I like to align the text in the td to the top of the cell.
> Using <tr valign=top> in html works fine, but i like to have the same
> effect in the use of an css.file.

td {
vertical-align : top;
}