Velocity Reviews

-   -   form text field background colour (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t154962-form-text-field-background-colour.html)

Derek Johnson 09-21-2003 03:51 PM

form text field background colour

I am using dreamweaver to build a form and the problem I am having is when I
F12 the text fields are yellow.

I have tried

<!--
#name
{
background-color:#FFFFFF;
}
-->

and

<input style="background-colour: #FFFFFF" name="name" type="text" id="name"
value="Please enter your email">

but they stay yellow

Kae Verens 09-21-2003 04:03 PM

Re: form text field background colour

Derek Johnson wrote:
> I am using dreamweaver to build a form and the problem I am having is when I
> F12 the text fields are yellow.

what is F12?

> I have tried
>
> <!--
> #name
> {
> background-color:#FFFFFF;
> }
> -->
>
> and
>
> <input style="background-colour: #FFFFFF" name="name" type="text" id="name"
> value="Please enter your email">
>
> but they stay yellow

try simply "background:#fff". The code is not incorrect, but it could be
that your browser does not recognise it. What browser is it?

Kae

picayunish 09-21-2003 04:08 PM

Kae Verens wrote in news:cSjbb.32591$pK2.55952@news.indigo.ie:
> Derek Johnson wrote:
>> I am using dreamweaver to build a form and the problem I am having is
>> when I F12 the text fields are yellow.

> what is F12?

Preview in browser.
--
Edwin van der Vaart (Geen familie van....)
http://www.semi-conductors.nl/ PHP Redirect to semi-conductor.nl

Derek Johnson 09-21-2003 04:32 PM

Re: form text field background colour

F12 is just the shortcut for preview in browser.

I tried that in Mozilla, ie6 and Opera

Matthias Gutfeldt 09-21-2003 05:18 PM

Derek Johnson schrieb:

> I am using dreamweaver to build a form and the problem I am having is when I
> F12 the text fields are yellow.
>
> I have tried
>
> <!--
> #name
> {
> background-color:#FFFFFF;
> }
> -->
>
> and
>
> <input style="background-colour: #FFFFFF" name="name" type="text" id="name"
> value="Please enter your email">
>
> but they stay yellow

There must be some other style rule overriding your rules. Give us the
URL so we can check the complete code, not just the above code snippet.

Matthias

Steve Pugh 09-21-2003 05:36 PM

"Derek Johnson" <dekkie246@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I am using dreamweaver to build a form and the problem I am having is when I
>F12 the text fields are yellow.

Do you have the Google searcg bar installed? Or anything else that
remembers form data? Try changing the name of the form field to
something less common.

>I have tried
>
><!--
>#name
>{
>background-color:#FFFFFF;
>}
>-->

Presumably within a <style type="text/css">...</style> block?

>and
>
><input style="background-colour: #FFFFFF" name="name" type="text" id="name"

Well, that won't work. CSS uses US spelling, so no 'u' in color.

Steve

Steve Pugh <steve@pugh.net> <http://steve.pugh.net/>

Kae Verens 09-22-2003 09:48 AM

Derek Johnson wrote:
>>><input style="background-colour: #FFFFFF" name="name" type="text"

silly me. you "misspelled" 'color' - the CSS specifications were created
with Merkins in mind.

Kae