Velocity Reviews

-   -   OT: Good email prog? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t154926-ot-good-email-prog.html)

={ Advocated }= 09-19-2003 04:25 PM

OT: Good email prog?

Hey there, im after a good email program, better than Outlook express, maybe
text only? or how can i make OE text only? Im sick of all the spam and crap

CHeers

Toby A Inkster 09-19-2003 04:36 PM

Re: OT: Good email prog?

={ Advocated }= wrote:

> Hey there, im after a good email program, better than Outlook express, maybe
> text only? or how can i make OE text only? Im sick of all the spam and crap

Eudora? Becky? Thunderbird? The Bat?

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Adrienne 09-19-2003 05:18 PM

Re: OT: Good email prog?

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "={ Advocated }="
<HaveNoSpamMail@memail.com> writing in

Pegasus - http://www.pmail.com

--
Adrienne Boswell
http://www.arbpen.com

kayodeok 09-19-2003 07:11 PM

Re: OT: Good email prog?

"={ Advocated }=" <HaveNoSpamMail@memail.com> wrote in

> Hey there, im after a good email program, better than Outlook
> express, maybe text only? or how can i make OE text only? Im
> sick of all the spam and crap

I use The Bat ver 1.62. Current Version is 2.0 from
http://www.ritlabs.com

<rant>
I won't be upgrading as ver 2.0 offers the ability to do HTML
</rant>

--
Kayode Okeyode
http://www.kayodeok.btinternet.co.uk/

nice.guy.nige 09-19-2003 11:25 PM

Re: Good email prog?

While the city slept, ={ Advocated }= <HaveNoSpamMail@memail.com> feverishly
typed:

> Hey there, im after a good email program, better than Outlook
> express, maybe text only? or how can i make OE text only? Im sick of
> all the spam and crap

You seem to be labouring under the impression that your email program is the
reason you are getting spam. That is not the case.

Cheers,
Nige

--
Nigel Moss.

Email address is not valid. nigel@nigenetDOG.org.uk. Take the dog out!
"How strange the change from major to minor..."

={ Advocated }= 09-19-2003 11:48 PM

Re: Good email prog?

"nice.guy.nige" <nigel_moss@deadspam.com> wrote in message
> While the city slept, ={ Advocated }= <HaveNoSpamMail@memail.com>

feverishly
> typed:
>
> > Hey there, im after a good email program, better than Outlook
> > express, maybe text only? or how can i make OE text only? Im sick of
> > all the spam and crap

> You seem to be labouring under the impression that your email program is

the
> reason you are getting spam. That is not the case.
>
> Cheers,
> Nige
>
> --
> Nigel Moss.
>
> Email address is not valid. nigel@nigenetDOG.org.uk. Take the dog out!
> http://www.nigenet.org.uk | Boycott E$$O!! http://www.stopesso.com
> "How strange the change from major to minor..."

no im not, but it doesnt stop it does it

Csaba2000 09-20-2003 06:12 AM

Re: Good email prog?

As long as we're off topic here and talking about mail,
is there any freely available mailer (So: not email client,
not email server. I just want to be able to send) for
Win 2K that does not put in additional headers when
it sends out email?

I have a PHP app that is responding to people registering
on a website of mine, and it sends out emails (via
http://PostCastServer.com). And it does its thing OK, only it
bugs me that it inserts this extra header (near as I can tell
it's a bug, which I submitted, but no response). It's just
one of those things that I eventually want to clean up.

Regards,
Csaba Gabor from New York

Other pending off topic question:
1) Is there a forum that deals with discussion of copying DVDs

William Tasso 09-20-2003 09:19 AM

Re: Good email prog?

={ Advocated }= wrote:
> how can i make OE text only?

Ensure you have ie6/sp1

Tools --> Options --> Read

checkbox: Read all messages in plain text

--
William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com

Toby A Inkster 09-20-2003 09:58 AM

Re: Good email prog?

Csaba2000 wrote:

> As long as we're off topic here and talking about mail,
> is there any freely available mailer (So: not email client,
> not email server. I just want to be able to send) for
> Win 2K that does not put in additional headers when
> it sends out email?

You could try installing Cygwin with SSMTP.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
playing://ryan_adams/gold_uk_version/14_touch_feel_and_lose.ogg

Toby A Inkster 09-20-2003 09:59 AM

Re: OT: Good email prog?

kayodeok wrote:

> <rant>
> I won't be upgrading as ver 2.0 offers the ability to do HTML
> </rant>

But it doesn't *force* you to.