Velocity Reviews

-   -   Avoid website to eliminate frames (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t154881-avoid-website-to-eliminate-frames.html)

Christian Koehler 09-16-2003 10:43 PM

Avoid website to eliminate frames

Hello,

I have a problem regarding framesets in an HTML document:
I'm linking to an external website in one of my frames with the intention
that the external website will open within my frame while keeping my other
frames. The problem is the website I'm linking to has a script to eliminate
all frames (so that the website is displayed as _top).

Is there a script to stop the external website to open as top and to keep
its contents within my frames?

Thanks in advance,
Christian Koehler

Beauregard T. Shagnasty 09-16-2003 10:51 PM

Re: Avoid website to eliminate frames

Christian Koehler pounced upon this pigeonhole and pronounced:
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem regarding framesets in an HTML document:
> I'm linking to an external website in one of my frames with the intention
> that the external website will open within my frame while keeping my other
> frames. The problem is the website I'm linking to has a script to eliminate
> all frames (so that the website is displayed as _top).

You may have come across one of my websites, then.

I do not wish to be in *your* frame. Visitors may think it is *your* page.
Why do you want to hijack someone else's work?

> Is there a script to stop the external website to open as top and to keep
> its contents within my frames?

I certainly hope not.

--
-bts
-This space intentionally left blank.

Mark Parnell 09-16-2003 11:09 PM

Christian Koehler wrote:
> Hello,

G'day.

> I have a problem regarding framesets in an HTML document:
> I'm linking to an external website in one of my frames with the
> intention that the external website will open within my frame while
> keeping my other frames. The problem is the website I'm linking to
> has a script to eliminate all frames (so that the website is
> displayed as _top).
>
> Is there a script to stop the external website to open as top and to
> keep its contents within my frames?

1. Don't use frames.
2. You might want to read up on the relevant copyright laws.
3. Don't use frames.

--

Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

Sid Ismail 09-16-2003 11:14 PM

Re: Avoid website to eliminate frames

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 00:43:44 +0200, "Christian Koehler"
<c.koehler@bundydomain.de> wrote:

: Hello,
:
: I have a problem regarding framesets in an HTML document:
: I'm linking to an external website in one of my frames with the intention
: that the external website will open within my frame while keeping my other
: frames. The problem is the website I'm linking to has a script to eliminate
: all frames (so that the website is displayed as _top).
:
: Is there a script to stop the external website to open as top and to keep
: its contents within my frames?

I am so glad they have that script. You're illegal!

Sid

Whitecrest 09-16-2003 11:18 PM

Re: Avoid website to eliminate frames

In article <bk83mr$tku$05$1@news.t-online.com>, c.koehler@bundydomain.de
says...
> I have a problem regarding framesets in an HTML document:
> I'm linking to an external website in one of my frames with the intention
> that the external website will open within my frame while keeping my other
> frames. The problem is the website I'm linking to has a script to eliminate
> all frames (so that the website is displayed as _top).

It is their site. They may not want to be in a frame.

--
Whitecrest Entertainment
www.whitecrestent.com

EightNineThree 09-16-2003 11:26 PM

"Christian Koehler" <c.koehler@bundydomain.de> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem regarding framesets in an HTML document:
> I'm linking to an external website in one of my frames with the intention
> that the external website will open within my frame while keeping my other
> frames. The problem is the website I'm linking to has a script to

eliminate
> all frames (so that the website is displayed as _top).
>
> Is there a script to stop the external website to open as top and to keep
> its contents within my frames?

Why? You think your visitors don't have "Back" buttons?

--
Karl Core

Charles Sweeney says my sig is fine as it is.

rf 09-16-2003 11:38 PM

> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
> > I do not wish to be in *your* frame. Visitors may think it is *your*

page.
> > Why do you want to hijack someone else's work?

> Please don't misunderstand me. What I was trying to do is I want to create

> starting page for the Internet Explorer that allows me display two

different
> websites (that is computer news at chip.de and world news at spiegel.de)

at
> once so I can read the headlines side by side. Unfortunately spiegel.de

has
> such a script preventing me from doing that.

Open two different browser windows and position them accordingly on your
screen. You could do this with a few mouse clicks or, since this is for you
own personal use, some javascript.

Cheers
Richard.

Glenn Mcclary 09-17-2003 03:48 AM

Re: Avoid website to eliminate frames

OH! Lord, the only thing I hate worse than frames is microsoft!!
marginal, verry marginal.... kill all frames!!!

Andy Dingley 09-17-2003 09:30 AM

Re: Avoid website to eliminate frames

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 01:13:24 +0200, "Christian Koehler"
<c.koehler@bundydomain.de> wrote:

>Please don't misunderstand me. What I was trying to do is I want to create a
>starting page for the Internet Explorer that allows me display two different
>websites (that is computer news at chip.de and world news at spiegel.de) at
>once so I can read the headlines side by side.

see if you can get the content you want by RSS

(and it plays hell with copyright, but you could scrape the content
and re-display it, possibly by turning it into RSS on the way)

Headless 09-17-2003 09:58 AM

Christian Koehler wrote:

>Please don't misunderstand me. What I was trying to do is I want to create a
>starting page for the Internet Explorer that allows me display two different
>websites (that is computer news at chip.de and world news at spiegel.de) at
>once so I can read the headlines side by side. Unfortunately spiegel.de has
>such a script preventing me from doing that.

You could use a filtering proxy like Proxomitron to filter out that
particular bit of js for that domain.

Headless

--
Email and usenet filter list: http://www.headless.dna.ie/usenet.htm