Velocity Reviews

-   -   open page without menu (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t154746-open-page-without-menu.html)

bubipoo 09-09-2003 05:07 AM

open page without menu

hi, is there some way to open a html page (double click like normal) and
have it open without the menu abr and some of the other extra features?
thanks

Toby A Inkster 09-09-2003 06:17 AM

Re: open page without menu

bubipoo wrote:

> hi, is there some way to open a html page (double click like normal) and
> have it open without the menu abr and some of the other extra features?

Open the page and then press F11.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

bubipoo 09-09-2003 08:54 AM

Re: open page without menu

hi toby,
i have an auto start cd-rom that fires up an html page. i want
this page to open without all the added menus etc.i was wandering if i could
place a script(?) in the html code to force this action.

tegards
darren

news:pan.2003.09.09.06.17.25.124811@goddamn.co.uk. ..

Nico Schuyt 09-09-2003 09:11 AM

Re: open page without menu

bubipoo wrote:
> i have an auto start cd-rom that fires up an html page. i
> want this page to open without all the added menus etc.i was
> wandering if i could place a script(?) in the html code to force this
> action.

Don't think it can be done. Maybe some javascript will solve it but that's
very uncertain.
What you need is an off line HTML viewer. Do a search for that in Google.
First one I found is http://www.faico.net/navroad/
Let us know if you found a solution :-)
Regards, Nico

Richard 09-09-2003 06:11 PM

Re: open page without menu

bubipoo wrote:>>

> hi toby,
> i have an auto start cd-rom that fires up an html page. i
> want this page to open without all the added menus etc.i was wandering if
> i could place a script(?) in the html code to force this action.

> tegards
> darren

Not if it's coming from a CD. It's burned into the CD and there is no way
for you to edit it.
The only possible way I can think of, would be to rewrite the CD onto a
cd-rw disk then edit the html page as desired.

bubipoo 09-09-2003 07:09 PM

Re: open page without menu

i am creating an auto start cd
what do i edit?

evander 09-10-2003 01:06 AM

Re: open page without menu

that's a handy little app thanks nico.
there are 2 probs: 1 it doesn't support some of the added script i have
used. 2 it would have to be burnt onto the cd with the rest of the pages and
then auto executed with the start page as it's default, i like this idea
except for the license issues with distributing it on each disk.

thanks anyway nico

regards
darren