Velocity Reviews

-   -   How to Force a Web Page to Use My Specific Font? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t154736-how-to-force-a-web-page-to-use-my-specific-font.html)

Lucky Dog 09-08-2003 08:42 PM

How to Force a Web Page to Use My Specific Font?

Hello:

I'm trying to create a page that would display a certain font in
certain areas. How can I make this font appear on viewer's machine who
might not have this font? Do I upload the font to my web hosting site
and when a viewer to go view my page it call to that font?

Thank you.

Toby A Inkster 09-08-2003 08:51 PM

Re: How to Force a Web Page to Use My Specific Font?

http://webtips.dan.info/force.html

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Lucky Dog 09-08-2003 09:33 PM

Re: How to Force a Web Page to Use My Specific Font?

Thanks very much to Toby. I kind of thought that I can't force the
font, but I thought I'd ask anyway. :-)

Crepe 09-08-2003 11:23 PM

Re[2]: How to Force a Web Page to Use My Specific Font?

Toby,

TAI> Lucky Dog wrote:
>> Subject: How to Force a Web Page to Use My Specific Font?

TAI> http://webtips.dan.info/force.html

Great link, Toby. Kudos.

Be well.

--
In order to reach me via email, the subject MUST be:
lettuce tea

Phrederik 09-10-2003 05:36 AM

Re: How to Force a Web Page to Use My Specific Font?

Go to HTMLCOMPEDIUM.ORG...

They have the option to use specific fonts as long as you allow them to
download.

Don't ask me how they do it, but it isn't impossible.

Headless 09-10-2003 06:56 AM

Phrederik wrote:

>Go to HTMLCOMPEDIUM.ORG...

Doesn't resolve.

Headless

--
Email and usenet filter list: http://www.headless.dna.ie/usenet.htm

Phrederik 09-10-2003 07:22 AM

Re: How to Force a Web Page to Use My Specific Font?

I'm a dumbass...

Correct spelling:

http://htmlcompendium.org

.... I missed the N : (

Headless 09-10-2003 10:32 AM

Phrederik wrote:

>http://htmlcompendium.org

No prompts to install any fonts, tried in 2 browsers.

Headless

--
Email and usenet filter list: http://www.headless.dna.ie/usenet.htm

jake 09-10-2003 10:41 AM

Re: How to Force a Web Page to Use My Specific Font?

In message <bcqplvgat0oubkig8ous2d9780qakg4918@4ax.com>, Lucky Dog
<luckydog@luckydog.com> writes
>Hello:
>
>I'm trying to create a page that would display a certain font in
>certain areas. How can I make this font appear on viewer's machine who
>might not have this font? Do I upload the font to my web hosting site
>and when a viewer to go view my page it call to that font?
>
>Thank you.

http://www.microsoft.com/typography/...ng/default.htm

might be of interest. (IE only)

regards.
--
Jake

Phrederik 09-10-2003 04:36 PM

> Phrederik wrote:
>
> >http://htmlcompendium.org

> No prompts to install any fonts, tried in 2 browsers.

Probably an IE only thing...

It's probably not a good idea anyhow, but I can see that there would be uses
for it.