Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: hidden keywords (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t154657-re-hidden-keywords.html)

EightNineThree 09-04-2003 10:15 PM

Re: hidden keywords

"Bart van den Burg" <bart-news@NOSPAMtvreclames.nl> wrote in message
news:bj8dvo$e95$1@reader08.wxs.nl...
> Hi
>
> Is it possible to put some text on a page that is not visible for anyone,
> except for search engines?

Sure.
Its a great way to get UN-listed for keyword spamming.

--
Karl Core

Charles Sweeney says my sig is fine as it is.

EightNineThree 09-04-2003 11:10 PM

Re: hidden keywords

> "EightNineThree" <eightninethree@REMOVEeightninethree.com> wrote in

message

> > "Bart van den Burg" <bart-news@NOSPAMtvreclames.nl> wrote in message
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > Is it possible to put some text on a page that is not visible for

> anyone,
> > > except for search engines?

> > Sure.
> > Its a great way to get UN-listed for keyword spamming.

> It is? Hm, i didn't know that...
> Problem is, that the keywords are to describe stuff that's happening in a
> movie clip that's on that page...

You should be transcripting the movie for Accessibility anyway.

Disco 09-05-2003 02:24 AM

Re: hidden keywords

Bart van den Burg wrote:
> "EightNineThree" <eightninethree@REMOVEeightninethree.com> wrote in
> message news:bj8dsu$8s$1@ngspool-d02.news.aol.com...
>>
>> "Bart van den Burg" <bart-news@NOSPAMtvreclames.nl> wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Is it possible to put some text on a page that is not visible for
>>> anyone, except for search engines?

>> Sure.
>> Its a great way to get UN-listed for keyword spamming.

> It is? Hm, i didn't know that...
> Problem is, that the keywords are to describe stuff that's happening
> in a movie clip that's on that page...
>
> Any other sollutions?

Are you pages created dynamically? If so, then instead of dumping the text
in a hidden field (which is not a good idea, as others have said), then you
should dynamicaly populate the meta tags (keywords and description) and the
title of the page. This would help in your quest.