Velocity Reviews

-   -   One image and a frame (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t154644-one-image-and-a-frame.html)

Passero 09-04-2003 11:25 AM

One image and a frame

Is it possible to make an image background of a webstie that uses 2 frames?
The image must be visible over the 2 frames

Mark Jones 09-04-2003 12:10 PM

Re: One image and a frame

"Passero" <yanongena@pandora.be> wrote in message
> Is it possible to make an image background of a webstie that uses 2

frames?
> The image must be visible over the 2 frames

Each frame is a separate web page, so the answer is no unless
the image is very simple.

Passero 09-04-2003 12:44 PM

Re: One image and a frame

"Mark Jones" <spam@block.com> schreef in bericht
news:hZF5b.8347$tw6.4817@newsread4.news.pas.earthl ink.net...
> "Passero" <yanongena@pandora.be> wrote in message
> > Is it possible to make an image background of a webstie that uses 2

> frames?
> > The image must be visible over the 2 frames

> Each frame is a separate web page, so the answer is no unless
> the image is very simple.

This is what i've donne: i've divided my image into 2 images and set each of
that image as a background of the site of one frame. It is almost not
visible that it's a frame but it was hard to divide the jpg so that's why i
was wondering if there would be a simpeler way to do so?

Toby A Inkster 09-04-2003 09:27 PM

Re: One image and a frame

Passero wrote:

> Is it possible to make an image background of a webstie that uses 2 frames?

It is if you don't use frames. A similar effect to frames can be achieved
with a combination of server-side includes and the CSS overflow property.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS | mailto:tobyink@goddamn.co.uk | pgp:0x6A2A7D39
aim:inka80 | icq:6622880 | yahoo:tobyink | jabber:tai@jabber.linux.it