Velocity Reviews

-   -   Putting an RSS onto a page? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t154495-putting-an-rss-onto-a-page.html)

A Hess 08-16-2003 03:55 AM

Putting an RSS onto a page?

Is there a [simple] way to place/import an RSS feed onto a page? I
looked all over in Google, but the most I found was sites offering a bit
of JS to place their feed on your page. The site I'm wanting has no such
deal. Thanks, Aron

-=-=-=-=-=-=- -- -=-=-=-=-=-=-
O'Toole's commentary on Murphy's Law: Murphy was an optimist.
-=-=-=-=-=-=- -- -=-=-=-=-=-=-
-- http://www.nukebox.tk --

Leif K-Brooks 08-16-2003 05:18 AM

Re: Putting an RSS onto a page?

A Hess wrote:
> Is there a [simple] way to place/import an RSS feed onto a page? I
> looked all over in Google, but the most I found was sites offering a bit
> of JS to place their feed on your page. The site I'm wanting has no such
> deal.

Use a server-side programming language such as PHP to parse and display
the RSS feed.

Isofarro 08-16-2003 08:40 AM

Re: Putting an RSS onto a page?

A Hess wrote:

> Is there a [simple] way to place/import an RSS feed onto a page?

It has to be converted to HTML first. So server side scripting is needed. A
library like Magpie will take an RSS document and give it back to you as a
hash, then you can render it out with the necessary HTML elements.

--
Iso.
Web Standards: http://www.webstandards.org/