Velocity Reviews

-   -   CSS lists display differently in IE and Netscape (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t154492-css-lists-display-differently-in-ie-and-netscape.html)

Fred Camper 08-15-2003 11:02 PM

CSS lists display differently in IE and Netscape

A small excerpt from a page I've been working on (and with which I got some
great help here earlier) is at http://www.fredcamper.com/FilmographyN3.html

Presumably I've done the markup poorly. (I admit to not knowing much about
this). The first part is fine, but the little two-item list I'm trying to
make under "Short Films 1975" looks exactly the way I want it to, with the
smaller bracketed comments indented correctly, in IE 6.0, but doesn't look
right at all in Netsapce 7.0 -- the list is ended after the first item, for
one thing.

Suggestions will be much appreciated.

Fred

Nico Schuyt 08-16-2003 12:52 AM

Re: CSS lists display differently in IE and Netscape

Fred Camper wrote:
> http://www.fredcamper.com/FilmographyN3.html

Start with a validation in http://validator.w3.org/
Regards, Nico

Jukka K. Korpela 08-16-2003 05:25 AM

"Fred Camper" <frednospamcamper@mindspringdontspam.com> wrote:

> A small excerpt from a page I've been working on (and with which I got
> some great help here earlier) is at
> http://www.fredcamper.com/FilmographyN3.html
>
> Presumably I've done the markup poorly.

Indeed. You open a heading and put all kinds of things there, then try to
close the heading inside a list. Tag soup causes indigestion to modern
browsers, and isn't healthy for old-timers either.

> (I admit to not knowing much about this).

Fine, then start learning HTML. Some alternate links are listed at
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/HTML3.2/2.1.html

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/