Velocity Reviews

-   -   my web page is up again with inprovement (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t154266-my-web-page-is-up-again-with-inprovement.html)

sinclar sodersas 07-31-2003 03:01 AM

my web page is up again with inprovement

my web page is up again with some inprovement
what you think of it ..some info please i need to know if a made some
mistake ???? thank you..
www.magnetosgifts.com

rf 07-31-2003 03:13 AM

Re: my web page is up again with inprovement

"sinclar sodersas" <siclasd@aol.com> wrote in message
> my web page is up again with some inprovement
> what you think of it ..some info please i need to know if a made some
> mistake ???? thank you..
> www.magnetosgifts.com

Ah, much better than the last one I just looked at. Nicely fluid and you let
*me* choose my own font size. Very good.

Still using tables for non-tablular data though.

You should use a width in em's for that left hand nav bar. When I make my
font larger some of it wraps and some of it disappears off the right hand
side.

You also use deprecated stuff lke <font> and bgcolor for table cells. Move
everything to CSS and go to the strict DTD.

Speaking of that, where is the doctype. You can't validate without one so I
assume you have not validated the page.

There is a missing image just under the first paragraph which, by the way,
is far to long to read in just one sitting.

Do NOT mess with my scroll bars.

Cheers
Richard.

Titus A Ducksass 07-31-2003 06:51 AM

Re: my web page is up again with inprovement

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 03:13:56 GMT, "rf" <making.it.up@the.time> wrote:

Richard, this is much more constructive than the last post I found
from you. Well done.

rf 07-31-2003 07:28 AM

"Titus A Ducksass" <me@neverumind.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 03:13:56 GMT, "rf" <making.it.up@the.time> wrote:
>
> Richard, this is much more constructive than the last post I found
> from you. Well done.

I don't give a rats bloody arse what you think of my posts.

Do not top post.

Cheers
Richard.

Hywel Jenkins 07-31-2003 10:55 AM

Re: my web page is up again with inprovement

Titus A Ducksass <me@neverumind.com> wrote in message news:<53fhiv8mfrdomdet0ino64d6goef7hoht6@4ax.com>. ..
> On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 03:13:56 GMT, "rf" <making.it.up@the.time> wrote:
> >"sinclar sodersas" <siclasd@aol.com> wrote in message
> >news:v3chiv0d3a8stuv5ls92i9d69decktup8m@4ax.com.. .
> >> my web page is up again with some inprovement
> >> what you think of it ..some info please i need to know if a made some
> >> mistake ???? thank you..
> >> www.magnetosgifts.com

> >Ah, much better than the last one I just looked at. Nicely fluid and you let
> >*me* choose my own font size. Very good.
> >
> >Still using tables for non-tablular data though.
> >
> >You should use a width in em's for that left hand nav bar. When I make my
> >font larger some of it wraps and some of it disappears off the right hand
> >side.
> >
> >You also use deprecated stuff lke <font> and bgcolor for table cells. Move
> >everything to CSS and go to the strict DTD.

> Richard, this is much more constructive than the last post I found
> from you. Well done.

Nicely condescending. How about you learn to quote properly while you're at it?

--
Hywel

jake 07-31-2003 11:35 AM

Re: my web page is up again with inprovement

In message <v3chiv0d3a8stuv5ls92i9d69decktup8m@4ax.com>, sinclar
sodersas <siclasd@aol.com> writes
>my web page is up again with some inprovement
>what you think of it ..some info please i need to know if a made some
>mistake ???? thank you..
>www.magnetosgifts.com

Visually it looks fine.

However, it seems rather 'difficult' for anyone using a non-visual
browser/screen reader to use.

Example. When I first come to your site I discover that it uses frames.
Navigating to the first frame I hear:

[www.magnetosgifts.com/catalog.htm.]
(Start of form 1.)
[Text: 0.00]
(End of form 1.)
[www.magnetosgifts.com/basket.htm.]
[www.magnetosgifts.com/order01.htm.]

........ not sure I'd be able to figure out what that was all about ;-)

........ would I stay around long enough to find out?

regards.
--
Jake

sinclar sodersas 07-31-2003 10:12 PM

Re: my web page is up again with inprovement

thanks for the input , i will fix some mager error for now, i am
inserting about 2000 product ... one-by-one into the database so i
need time ,insert, insert and keep on going :)) mama too many ...
and i don't even know if i am going to make money out of this :((.
well l8r for now..my expresso is ready. ciao.

sinclar sodersas 07-31-2003 10:12 PM

Re: my web page is up again with inprovement

quote what ??? sorry more info ..

sinclar sodersas 07-31-2003 10:12 PM

Re: my web page is up again with inprovement

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 12:35:00 +0100, jake <jake@gododdin.demon.co.uk>
wrote:

>nyone using a non-visual

what you mean a "non visual" ... is for phone browser ?

sinclar sodersas 07-31-2003 10:45 PM

Re: my web page is up again with inprovement

i check it like you said and from validator i got this messagge after
i insert the doctype line

Sorry, this type of URI scheme (undefined) is not supported by this
service. Please check that you entered the URI correctly.

URIs should be in the form: http://validator.w3.org/

what kind of doctype i should put in ???

part source list
Below is the source input I used for this validation:

1: <!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
2: <html>
3: <head>

help ????