Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Submit with username and password (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t154218-re-submit-with-username-and-password.html)

brucie 07-27-2003 10:49 PM

Re: Submit with username and password

In post <0FUUa.84017$R92.80856@news2.central.cox.net>
Nobody said...

action="http://username:password@www.wholesellers_site.com/search/search.asp" method="post">

--
brucie a. blackford. 28/July/2003 08:47:23 am kilo.
http://loser.brucies.com/

Nobody 07-28-2003 01:05 AM

"brucie" <brucie01@loser.brucies.com> wrote in message
> In post <0FUUa.84017$R92.80856@news2.central.cox.net>
> Nobody said...
>
> > I'm trying to tie in a wholeseller's search utility in a client's site.

The
> > only problem is that you have to log into the wholeseller's site to be

able
> > to search it. What I need to do is to be able to have a customer click

the
> > submit button and have a script (or whatever) submit the username and
> > password
> > <FORM id=form2 name=form2
> > action=http://www.wholesellers_site.com/search/search.asp method=post>

action="http://username:password@www.wholesellers_site.com/search/search.asp
" method="post">

> --
> brucie a. blackford. 28/July/2003 08:47:23 am kilo.
> http://loser.brucies.com/

I left a step out of the equation that makes it more difficult. I'll try to
explain it below:
From the wholeseller's site, you first have to log in.
Then you are sent to the actual search page (also in asp).

What we are trying to accomplish is for the retail consumer to visit my
client's page and be able to access the current inventory and retail pricing
of the same. But I'm trying to figure out how to do it without requiring
them to go to the wholeseller's site (thus permitting them to contact the
wholeseller directly - for anyone interested, it's a diamond wholeseller).

When I saw that Brucie had replied, I thought my problem was solved :) But,
I guess I should have expressed the problem more completely first. Brucie's
method wouldn't work even when I tries to run an exact copy of the login
page from the wholeseller locally. Can the wholeseller's host have some type
of authentication set up to verify the origin of the login? If so, I may be
up the proverbial creek.

Nobody