Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: New Site (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t153894-re-new-site.html)

Leif K-Brooks 07-09-2003 04:06 PM

Re: New Site

Blindsya wrote:
> Hey all, I'm currently working on a site that acts as a directory of loads
> of html tutorials amoungst other things. So far I have included directories
> on tutorials of HTML, CSS, Java, PHP and valditor sites. Do you think it
> would be worth while putting perl in there? Any other ideas?

I'd put Perl. JavaScript, too.

Toby A Inkster 07-09-2003 05:08 PM

Re: New Site

On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 12:06:13 -0400, Leif K-Brooks wrote:

> Blindsya wrote:
>> Hey all, I'm currently working on a site that acts as a directory of loads
>> of html tutorials amoungst other things. So far I have included directories
>> on tutorials of HTML, CSS, Java, PHP and valditor sites. Do you think it
>> would be worth while putting perl in there? Any other ideas?

> I'd put Perl. JavaScript, too.

Other suggestions:

SQL, CGI, RSS, XML

PS: plug for my HTML tutorial:
http://www.goddamn.co.uk/tobyink/?id=150

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS | mailto:tobyink@goddamn.co.uk | pgp:0x6A2A7D39
aim:inka80 | icq:6622880 | yahoo:tobyink | jabber:tai@jabber.linux.it

Leif K-Brooks 07-10-2003 03:58 AM

Re: New Site

Toby A Inkster wrote:
> Other suggestions:
>
> CGI

What is there to learn about CGI? Unless you're writing a web server or
scripting language, I don't see why you'd really care about it. Just
have a Perl tutorial explaining how to use the CGI module, and
equivalent for other languages...

Toby A Inkster 07-10-2003 06:57 AM

Re: New Site

On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 23:58:44 -0400, Leif K-Brooks wrote:

> Toby A Inkster wrote:
>> Other suggestions:
>>
>> CGI

> What is there to learn about CGI? Unless you're writing a web server or
> scripting language, I don't see why you'd really care about it. Just
> have a Perl tutorial explaining how to use the CGI module, and
> equivalent for other languages...

A Perl turorial explaining how to use the CGI module won't help people
wanting to write CGI programs in say Python, bash, tcsh or C++.

Blindsya 07-10-2003 09:29 AM

Re: New Site

Toby A Inkster wrote:
Other suggestions:
CGI

Leif K-Brooks wrote:
What is there to learn about CGI? Unless you're writing a web server or
scripting language, I don't see why you'd really care about it. Just have
a Perl tutorial explaining how to use the CGI module, and equivalent for
other languages...
A Perl turorial explaining how to use the CGI module won't help people
wanting to write CGI programs in say Python, bash, tcsh or C++.

Hey, guys. Remember, I'm not writing any tutorials here - I'm simple
grouping them together in one place.