Velocity Reviews

-   -   Position:fixed and IE/Win (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t153881-position-fixed-and-ie-win.html)

Leif K-Brooks 07-09-2003 08:33 AM

Position:fixed and IE/Win

As most of you know, IE/Win doesn't support position:fixed. My site's
layout look ok with position:absolute, but look much better with
position:fixed.
I can live with position:absolute, but position:static looks absolutley
awful. Is there any way to make IE use position:absolute, but other
browsers use position:fixed without using really dirty hacks?

Matthias Gutfeldt 07-09-2003 08:40 AM

Re: Position:fixed and IE/Win

Leif K-Brooks wrote:
> As most of you know, IE/Win doesn't support position:fixed. My site's
> layout look ok with position:absolute, but look much better with
> position:fixed.
> I can live with position:absolute, but position:static looks absolutley
> awful. Is there any way to make IE use position:absolute, but other
> browsers use position:fixed without using really dirty hacks?

Art posted this link here in the thread about Frames
<http://www.w3.org/Style/Examples/007/menus.html>. This solution uses
child selectors, which is something IE6 cant handle either.

Matthias

Leif K-Brooks 07-09-2003 08:43 AM

Re: Position:fixed and IE/Win

Matthias Gutfeldt wrote:

> Art posted this link here in the thread about Frames
> <http://www.w3.org/Style/Examples/007/menus.html>. This solution uses
> child selectors, which is something IE6 cant handle either.

Perfect! Thanks.