Velocity Reviews

-   -   JS (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t153693-js.html)

Gary 06-30-2003 03:42 PM

JS

Where can i find the OFFICIAL latest javascript language specification?

Is it created by netscape?

Steve Pugh 06-30-2003 05:45 PM

Re: JS

"Gary" <NOgary.SPAMsegussPLEASE@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>Where can i find the OFFICIAL latest javascript language specification?

The closest thing to an official specification is
http://www.ecma-international.org/pu...s/ECMA-262.HTM

>Is it created by netscape?

The original JavaScript was.

If you are only interested in the Netscape version then the latest
version is 1.5 and you can find documentation at:
http://devedge.netscape.com/central/javascript/

Steve

Steve Pugh <steve@pugh.net> <http://steve.pugh.net/>

brucie 06-30-2003 07:48 PM

Re: JS

In post <bdpt65$dlc$1@news.boltblue.com>
Gary said...

> Where can i find the OFFICIAL latest javascript language specification?

ECMAScript Specification, Third Edition (dec '99)
www.mozilla.org/js/language/E262-3.pdf
http://www.ecma-international.org/pu...t/Ecma-262.pdf

ECMAScript 4 Netscape Proposal
http://www.mozilla.org/js/language/es4/

JScript
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...ereference.asp

JavaScript
http://devedge.netscape.com/library/...ipt/1.5/guide/

--
brucie a. blackford. 01/July/2003 05:47:04 am kilo.
http://loser.brucies.com/