Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: AVI/MPG Creation for Web Pages (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t153658-re-avi-mpg-creation-for-web-pages.html)

Whitecrest 06-28-2003 03:51 PM

Re: AVI/MPG Creation for Web Pages

In article <88a9861a.0306280723.e99b20f@posting.google.com> ,
sales@logicians.com says...
> Given the strong Web interest in avi and mpg files, I would like to
> add some multimedia files to my websites. I do not know what software
> or hardware is needed.
> Can anyone point me in the right direction, eg URL, forum?

If you just want to play them then there is no special hardware, they
are just files for the user to download. If you want to embed them into
your page you need to choose a player(s) and encoder(s)(all free). If
you want to do what they did at the Beatles site (oh my gawd they used
flash) you have to use flash and import the video into the flash. and
if you are going to have high bandwidth, then you will want to look into
a media server (not free) so you can have control over your video and
streaming.

--
Whitecrest Entertainment
www.whitecrestent.com

Paul Goodwin 06-28-2003 05:42 PM

"trevor oakley" <to006e7245@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> I am hosting at Hostway.com, and they offer real time video at a small

cost.
> I expect to show only clips, not full movies. I want to embed clips into

my
> pages, but not with Flash, but just in HTML like at the Bonnie Tyler

site -
> http://www.bonnietyler.dk/video.asp
>
> Recently, I have seen a lot of video, so it appears to be an awakening
> trend.
>
> If you have any URL's for the encoders and any tutorial sites, that would

be
> good. I saw someone say that Ulead Mediastudio should be used.

If you want to make your own clips you'll need a capture card & some good
software. I recommend Pinnacle 8--
http://www.pinnaclesys.com/ProductPa...77&Langue_ID=7

I've had nothing but good fortune with it, very easy to use & produces
excellent results, and fast, as well as being able to make clips in multiple
formats, streaming video included.
Stay away from any of the VideoWave programs though, they're buggy junk.

--

Paul