Velocity Reviews

-   -   Google Announces Adsense (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t153557-google-announces-adsense.html)

Trevor 06-24-2003 07:49 PM

Google Announces Adsense

Google has announced that Adsense is now live:

https://www.google.com/adsense/

It allows websites to make money by placing google advertisements.
Following Amazon's led in affiliated sites, and the huge market
interest in advertising, this is an interesting trend which google is
starting.

Whitecrest 06-24-2003 08:00 PM

Re: Google Announces Adsense

In article <88a9861a.0306241149.5ddac1e1@posting.google.com >,
sales@logicians.com says...
> Google has announced that Adsense is now live:
> https://www.google.com/adsense/
> It allows websites to make money by placing google advertisements.
> Following Amazon's led in affiliated sites, and the huge market
> interest in advertising, this is an interesting trend which google is
> starting.

Hmmm..... Seems to me that the Internet bubble was created on a similar
"pay-per-click" pyramid scheme that eventually collapsed.

--
Whitecrest Entertainment
www.whitecrestent.com

Wipkip 06-24-2003 11:01 PM

brucie wrote:
> in other words "trust us"
>
> if it had any other name but google it would be dismissed as a scam

google or not, looks scamy to me.

--
Duende
------------

Mark Parnell 06-24-2003 11:05 PM

Trevor wrote:
> Following Amazon's led in affiliated sites, and the huge market
> interest in advertising, this is an interesting trend which google is
> starting.

Following Amazon's lead....trend Google is starting? How are they starting
a trend by following someone else's lead? ;-)

--

Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

Andy Dingley 06-25-2003 07:11 PM

On 24 Jun 2003 12:49:32 -0700, sales@logicians.com (Trevor) wrote:

>Google has announced that Adsense is now live:

And Aaron has been busy:
http://www.aaronsw.com/weblog/000986

See what sort of link Google would serve to your site.

Jerry Muelver 06-26-2003 11:10 AM

Andy Dingley <dingbat@codesmiths.com> wrote in message news:<fusjfvcp2u4dafch1vfmvnpvrp9vfvsmqg@4ax.com>. ..
> On 24 Jun 2003 12:49:32 -0700, sales@logicians.com (Trevor) wrote:
>
> >Google has announced that Adsense is now live:

> And Aaron has been busy:
> http://www.aaronsw.com/weblog/000986
>
> See what sort of link Google would serve to your site.

Good on Aaron! His tool shows that my sales site would advertise my
competitors, since their ad keywords cover what I'm selling, too. It
might be a good deal for information sites, but awkward for sales
sites.

---- jerry (http://jersblog.com)