Velocity Reviews

-   -   Does hidden content get crawled?? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t153540-does-hidden-content-get-crawled.html)

TalaGuy 06-23-2003 10:03 PM

Does hidden content get crawled??

Hi:

I have created a page of archived news content. It is intially hidden using
a style attribute in the style sheet:

#i1 {display: none;}

and using the DIV tag like so in the page:

...content here...

A Javascript function shows the div tag when a hyperlink is clicked. Will
the content in the DIV tag be crawled by the spiders? Here is the URL if you
want to look at all the HTML:

http://www.pacifictabla.com/archived.html

Thanks,

spaghetti 06-23-2003 10:29 PM

Re: Does hidden content get crawled??

"TalaGuy" <blair863@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> A Javascript function shows the div tag when a hyperlink is clicked. Will
> the content in the DIV tag be crawled by the spiders?

Yes it will. Spiders will see everything that is in the HTML. They won't
load your stylesheet, so the div will never be display:none; as far as
spiders are concerned.

m 06-23-2003 10:58 PM

Re: Re: Re: Does hidden content get crawled??

On or around Mon, 23 Jun 2003 22:50:25 GMT, there was a message,
possibly from m <dropallx_webmasterx@xmbstevens.comx>, as follows:

>~~well behaved~~ spiders obey your rotots.txt file. This
>file is well worth googling up.

Must be getting tired. Make that 'robots.txt'.