Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Help, anybody! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t153515-re-help-anybody.html)

Freeserve 06-23-2003 07:21 AM

Re: Help, anybody!

"user 1" <user1@user1.com> wrote in message
news:yvOIa.1057114$Zo.258683@sccrnsc03...
> Ok, i'm designing a site for myself but i'm having an interesting table
> problem. Basically I'm using tables to layout my navagation along the
> entire left side of the moniter. I'm using hand coding and Dreamweaver MX
> for development. Now, the table that takes up a good portion of the

screen
> is 2 columns and 8 rows. Now, in the left hand column, i've got a

"section
> title" in one cell followed by that sections links, and I have that four
> times. Then I merged the column cells on the right side with <colspan> so
> that I had one big empty cell to work with. Now the

problem......everytime
> I hit return to put more text or images is also expands the left hand side
> cells. Mind you i'm not making the big cell any bigger, just hitting
> return. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Greg G.

Hi, I have had the same problem quite a few times but I have found a way
around it. It involves using nested tables. Basically placing tables
inside tables. In your case I would create a table, 2 colums by 1 row.
Place your 1 colum by 8 row table in the first cell and just a 1 by 1 table
in the second cell. Be sure to top align all the cells in the 2 by 1 table
or you will have the same problem. If this doesnt make any sense just email
me and i will email you an example file.