Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Help with table alighment (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t153513-re-help-with-table-alighment.html)

Richard 06-23-2003 04:05 AM

"Steven" <xueming@attbi.com> wrote in message
news:BKkJa.103897$YZ2.270494@rwcrnsc53...
> All,
>
> I have the following code for my table. I put a button into some of the
> cells, so I can click on it and call another script. The problem I am

facing
> now, is that the cells with buttons are much bigger in vertical.

> height="35">
> <form method="POST">
> <input type="submit" value="Book" name="Mon_0815">
> </form>
>
> And even I specify the height, but all the buttons are top-alighed and

some
> space bellow the button. This doesn't look good...
>
> Any suggestion are appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> -Steven

Simple solution. I tied out your code in my editor and realized why it
wasn't working right.
CAPITAL LETTERS DON'T CUT IT!

"POST" should be "post". If the item is left in caps, no action is taken on
it.
You get what appears to be a standard button "submit" button rather than the
"post" block.

rf 06-23-2003 04:55 AM

"Richard" <anom@anom> wrote in message

> "Steven" <xueming@attbi.com> wrote in message
> > All,
> >
> > I have the following code for my table. I put a button into some of the
> > cells, so I can click on it and call another script. The problem I am

> facing
> > now, is that the cells with buttons are much bigger in vertical.

> > height="35">
> > <form method="POST">
> > <input type="submit" value="Book" name="Mon_0815">
> > </form>
> >

> Simple solution. I tied out your code in my editor

What are you talking about? I would have thought trying it out in a
*browser* would be better.

> and realized why it
> wasn't working right.
> CAPITAL LETTERS DON'T CUT IT!

Wrong. HTML 4.01 (which this presumably is) in case INsensitive.

In particular, the values of the method attribute in a form element, as
discussed here in the HTML 4.01 specifications:
http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/interact/forms.html#h-17.3
are case insensitive. That is what the purple [CI] means. Case Insensitive.

The meaning of CI is explained here:
http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/types.html#h-6.1

> "POST" should be "post". If the item is left in caps, no action is taken

on
> it.

That is just a wild guess and a wildly inaccurate one at that :-)

> You get what appears to be a standard button "submit" button rather than

the
> "post" block.

I have not idea what this last bit means.

The real problem the OP's has is exactly as brucie suggested. The form
element by default has a margin-bottom of about 1em.

The real suloution to the OP's problem is to get rid of this.

form {margin: 0;}

and yes, I have tested this _in a browser_.

Cheers
Richard.