Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Display Source Code - Color Keywords (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t153507-re-display-source-code-color-keywords.html)

Andrew H. Carter 06-23-2003 03:23 AM

Re: Display Source Code - Color Keywords

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 01:13:22 +0000 (UTC), Alexander Mac
<alexmac@mail.com> wrote:

>I want to present some source code (C++, Java etc) on my page, so I am
>all together? For example, make them appear blue (a CSS maybe?).

Not sure which program you use for a text editor, but Editpad Lite
http://www.editpadlite.com can do search & replace and let's say you
want a certain phrase hightlighted with code, then what you could do
is highlight the particular phrase and if it occurs more than once,
click the Find & Replace (CTRL+F) button. The highlighted word/phrase
is now in the search box, then copy that into the replace portion and
then edit the code so that it is highlighted and use the Safety
palette colors:

pears</font>

Then have every instance where it is found replaced with the new
value. You can have it search from the beginning, or just a paragraph
or two, whatever you want.

Sincerely,

Andrew H. Carter

Andrew H. Carter 06-23-2003 04:04 AM

Re: Display Source Code - Color Keywords

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 13:31:23 +1000, "Mark Parnell"
<webmaster@clarkecomputers.com.au> wrote:

>*Please* do not use the deprecated <font> tag. Use CSS. See brucie's
>answer.
>
>BTW: #ffcc00 is not blue ;-)

Ah, therein lies the crux of the matter, not all browsers do CSS and
FFCCOO is golden in color, though a more pleasant one is FFFFCC, sort
of beige, hey it's one of my favorite colors for a background. One
thing I can't stand is red text on a blue background, talk about pain
in the eyes.

Sincerely,

Andrew H. Carter

Mark Parnell 06-23-2003 04:21 AM

Andrew H. Carter wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 13:31:23 +1000, "Mark Parnell"
> <webmaster@clarkecomputers.com.au> wrote:
>
>> *Please* do not use the deprecated <font> tag. Use CSS. See
>> brucie's answer.
>>

> Ah, therein lies the crux of the matter, not all browsers do CSS

Still catering for NS 2 are we? Even NS 4 copes with basic CSS as required
here.

--

Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

Andrew H. Carter 06-23-2003 04:50 AM

Re: Display Source Code - Color Keywords

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 14:21:50 +1000, "Mark Parnell"
<webmaster@clarkecomputers.com.au> wrote:

>Still catering for NS 2 are we? Even NS 4 copes with basic CSS as required
>here.

I don't like Nutscrape, at least with IE you can see the bookmark
icons as the webmaster/author designed, not some goofy
can't-tell-the-difference between one from the other when specified.

Ever use Lynx, a text only browser, it doesn't do CSS. While I may
currently be using IE6, I sometimes use Lynx, but since my last
reformat/reinstall I need to reinstall it. In some respects it is
faster than Opera and definitely faster than IE. If it ever gets' to
the mouse stage, or that of being able to send/receive email, I may
just use that entirely.

When I first got connected 1998+/- my tool was a Brother GeoBook NB80C
(which I still have, but it needs to be repaired, even if obsolete, or
rather not being used now that I have a desktop PC), basically a fancy
laptop sized organizer: Word processor, Spreadsheet,
Internet/Email/Fax (outgoing fax only), File Manager, Drawing program,
Calendar/Scheduler, Adressbook, Scrapbook, Bookreader, Calculator,
Clock/World Time, To Do list. Only drawback, unless you were to
install an optional 4 or 10 MB flash memory card, you would be using
the floppy drive like crazy.

The Globehopper browser does not do frames, CSS, nor does it do Java
script, just strict HTML and due to the memory constraints, it can
handle minimum tables usage before it runs out of memory.

Sincerely,

Andrew H. Carter