Velocity Reviews

-   -   How can I read output of a remote Http server (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t152487-how-can-i-read-output-of-a-remote-http-server.html)

Basil 04-19-2006 01:01 AM

How can I read output of a remote Http server

We are working on a project which it requires to invoke a command on a
remote server and read the output and process the response.

What do we need to accomplish this task.

Thanks for any response.

Regards
Basil

Jim Gibson 04-19-2006 08:52 PM

Re: How can I read output of a remote Http server

In article <i9CdnRG4DsdyFtjZ4p2dnA@magma.ca>, Basil <Support@Isabe.com>
wrote:

> We are working on a project which it requires to invoke a command on a
> remote server and read the output and process the response.
>
> What do we need to accomplish this task.

You can use the LWP::Simple module for fetching a web page from an HTTP
server. You can use HTML::TokeParser to parse the returned text.

Pick up a copy of "Perl & LWP", Sean M. Burke, O'Reilly. for more
information.

FYI: this newsgroup is defunct. Try comp.lang.perl.misc in the future.