Velocity Reviews

-   -   MSCE and A+ (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t152292-msce-and-a.html)

=?Utf-8?B?ZWJuag==?= 04-17-2006 06:20 PM

MSCE and A+

If Im interested only in networking should I bypass the A+ cert and dive
right into MCSE or having the A+ certification helps

thanks

eb nj

Frisbee« 04-17-2006 06:33 PM

Re: MSCE and A+

"ebnj" <ebnj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If Im interested only in networking should I bypass the A+ cert and dive
> right into MCSE or having the A+ certification helps

Go for the A+ first.

Then go for the Net+ next.

Then get some real experience. Lots of it.

Then go for your MCSE or maybe your MCSA, or maybe even start with an MCP.

I'm not joking.

Seriously.

Sigh... nobody listens to me.

Go ahead, learn the hard way.

=?Utf-8?B?ZWJuag==?= 04-17-2006 06:47 PM

Re: MSCE and A+

Thank you. Im trying to switch careers at age 33. Back the drawing board.
Seriously though thanks for your advice because I wouldnt know better. I
have a few friends who are telling me to jump over both A+ and even N+
because I will never use either of them. Sounded fishy to me.

Thanks
eb

JaR 04-17-2006 06:48 PM

Re: MSCE and A+

"Frisbee«" <billLASTNAME@yahoo.com> wrote in news:#IXZi1kYGHA.3936
@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl:

> Sigh... nobody listens to me.
>
> Go ahead, learn the hard way.

No, no, no! Whatever is wrong with you today? _Everybody_ knows you start
at the top these days.

--
JaR
MCNGP #22

CBIC 04-17-2006 06:51 PM

Re: MSCE and A+

In news:E4D1A0AA-5BDC-400B-B56C-5CDD8298F380@microsoft.com,
ebnj <ebnj@discussions.microsoft.com> simply stated:
> Thank you. Im trying to switch careers at age 33. Back the drawing
> board. Seriously though thanks for your advice because I wouldnt know
> better. I have a few friends who are telling me to jump over both A+
> and even N+ because I will never use either of them. Sounded fishy to
> me.
>
> Thanks
> eb

If you're looking to do networking, get your hands on some routers or router
sims and look at getting CCNA after gaining some decent experience.
--
aka
Doom MCNGP #38

MitchS 04-17-2006 06:52 PM

Re: MSCE and A+

"Frisbee«" <billLASTNAME@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Sigh... nobody listens to me.

Did you say something?

--
Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.

Neil 04-17-2006 07:11 PM

Re: MSCE and A+

did you hear "CBIC" <spam.thisbiotch@gmail.com> say in

> If you're looking to do networking, get your hands on some routers or
> router sims and look at getting CCNA after gaining some decent
> experience.

that's like bypassing basic first aid and diving headlong into neurosurgery

--
The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

- I wonder if there are any "GUILTY bystanders?"

Neil 04-17-2006 07:13 PM

Re: MSCE and A+

did you hear JaR <akabuxderby@gmail.com> say in
news:Xns97A8787EFB305onlyifabsolutelynece@207.46.2 48.16:

> _Everybody_ knows you start
> at the top these days.

splain's why my firstborn is currently looking for a summer job with the
title CEO

--
The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

- Adam's Rib: The original bone of contention.

CBIC 04-17-2006 07:17 PM

Re: MSCE and A+

In news:Xns97A89A92F423Aneilmcsegmailcom@207.46.248.1 6,
Neil <guess!!!@gmail.com> simply stated:
> did you hear "CBIC" <spam.thisbiotch@gmail.com> say in
>
>> If you're looking to do networking, get your hands on some routers or
>> router sims and look at getting CCNA after gaining some decent
>> experience.

> that's like bypassing basic first aid and diving headlong into
> neurosurgery

Ahem...note that I said "after gaining some decent experience"
--
aka
Doom MCNGP #38

JaR 04-17-2006 07:18 PM

Re: MSCE and A+

Neil <guess!!!@gmail.com> wrote in
news:Xns97A89A92F423Aneilmcsegmailcom@207.46.248.1 6:

> that's like bypassing basic first aid and diving headlong into
> neurosurgery

You have a problem with that?

--
JaR