Velocity Reviews

-   -   How to develop plugin? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t150774-how-to-develop-plugin.html)

bobo 03-01-2006 11:06 AM

How to develop plugin?

Hello, I have a window based java application. I like to add a new
feature, base on a plug-in concept. The ability to add new
functionality as a plugin to the existing core application is the goal.
Anybody know of any general best practice? I'm open for any
sugggestion. Thanks so much in advance. My email is esoza3@yahoo.com.

Regards,
Bobo

TechBookReport 03-01-2006 12:24 PM

Re: How to develop plugin?

bobo wrote:
> Hello, I have a window based java application. I like to add a new
> feature, base on a plug-in concept. The ability to add new
> functionality as a plugin to the existing core application is the goal.
> Anybody know of any general best practice? I'm open for any
> sugggestion. Thanks so much in advance. My email is esoza3@yahoo.com.
>
> Regards,
> Bobo

Take a look at beanshell (http://www.beanshell.org/), it pretty much
gives you the functionality you're looking for.

--
TechBookReport Java http://www.techbookreport.com/JavaIndex.html

tom fredriksen 03-01-2006 10:09 PM

Re: How to develop plugin?

bobo wrote:
> Hello, I have a window based java application. I like to add a new
> feature, base on a plug-in concept. The ability to add new
> functionality as a plugin to the existing core application is the goal.
> Anybody know of any general best practice? I'm open for any
> sugggestion. Thanks so much in advance. My email is esoza3@yahoo.com.

You could also have a look at the chapter in the book
"java server based programming" by Ted Neward, it contains a chapter
about creating plugins in java. It might give you some answers.

/tom