Velocity Reviews

-   -   character encoding +missing character sequence (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t150698-character-encoding-missing-character-sequence.html)

raavi 02-27-2006 09:12 AM

character encoding +missing character sequence

Hi
i am involved in a telnet application.the user enters input
through the jsp and the output is displayed on a jsp.the problem i am
facing is that the classes i am using works fine when input is given
through keyboard.if it is given through jsp,then there are missing
character sequences and this usually occurs at the start of the
page.why is this so? if anyone has any idea please do reply me.
Thanks in advance

John O'Conner 02-27-2006 05:27 PM

Re: character encoding +missing character sequence

raavi wrote:
> Hi
> i am involved in a telnet application.the user enters input
> through the jsp and the output is displayed on a jsp.the problem i am
> facing is that the classes i am using works fine when input is given
> through keyboard.if it is given through jsp,then there are missing
> character sequences and this usually occurs at the start of the
> page.why is this so? if anyone has any idea please do reply me.
> Thanks in advance

Since you say that the missing character sequences occur at the start of
the page, I infer that the characters are ok in the middle or end of the
page. In that case, I doubt you have a character encoding problem.

However, if you do have an encoding problem, the following article might
help you. It describes various points of character set encoding troubles
in a typical web application using JSP/Servlets:

http://java.sun.com/developer/techni...l/HTTPCharset/

Regards,
John O'Conner

raavi 03-02-2006 05:01 AM

Re: character encoding +missing character sequence

Thanks for your reply.
Actually i am doing a struts application and i added the context
parameter in my web.xml and also i have coded in my jsp request
..setCharacterEncoding....but now too the problem arises.can you help me
to identify my problem? Thanks in advance.