Velocity Reviews

-   -   Migrating a webapp on Tomcat to JBoss (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t150564-migrating-a-webapp-on-tomcat-to-jboss.html)

Kermit Piper 02-23-2006 03:38 AM

Migrating a webapp on Tomcat to JBoss

Hello,

I have an application that is running as separate JSPs and servlets in
the webapps directory in Tomcat 4.1. I need to migrate this to run on
our existing installation of JBoss 4.0.2. Can I simply copy the webapp
files from "C:\tomcat\webapps" directory to the
"C:\jboss\server\default\deploy" directory as a new "webapps.war" file?

I don't want to deploy to an .ear file. I need to keep the
directories exploded like we currently do on Tomcat running under
JBoss.

Any help, suggestion or point in the right direction would be greatly
appreciated. I looked for migration documentation on the Tomcat and
JBoss sites but couldn't really find anything to help guide me through
this.

Thanks,
KP

Lord0 02-23-2006 10:01 AM

Re: Migrating a webapp on Tomcat to JBoss

Yes if you create a WAR from your Tomcat files you should be able to
deploy it by dropping it in $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy. You DO
NOT need to deploy as an EAR. It should automagically deploy.

You may need to edit some XML config files but from memory this is
minimal at most....

cheers

Lord0

Kermit Piper 02-24-2006 12:01 AM

Re: Migrating a webapp on Tomcat to JBoss

Thank you!

bika.chainsingh 06-13-2012 12:30 PM

what are changes in XML files

hello

Please explain me what are change i have to make in XML file.

i am copy web app folder from webapps of tomvat 6 to jboss 5 AS.

thanks in advance

chain singh