Velocity Reviews

-   -   Image Cache question (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t149857-image-cache-question.html)

pcouas 02-01-2006 06:56 PM

Image Cache question

Hi,

I load image, GIF, JPEG and PNG created from an Servlet and it seems
this folloing instruction don't use Cache, Could you confirm me ?
bitmap= Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit().getImage( ap) ;

PS
ap is an URL

So, i try this following code, but i could not add uc.disconnect() and
that's seems not working with PGN file ?

java.net.HttpURLConnection uc
=(java.net.HttpURLConnection)(ap).openConnection() ;
uc.setDefaultUseCaches(true); //Should force the use of caching,
right?
uc.setUseCaches(true); //Redundant, but I'll try anything.
uc.connect();
bitmap = Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit().createImage(prod);

Regards
Philippe