Velocity Reviews

-   -   Command line compiler for Windows (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t149547-command-line-compiler-for-windows.html)

Marcelo 01-22-2006 04:46 PM

Command line compiler for Windows

Dear JNI programmers,

is there a way to get the cl.exe compiler of Microsoft Visual c++
without using this whole software?

I just want to compile JNI programs with the cl.exe compiler.

thanks a lot,

Marcelo

IchBin 01-22-2006 05:57 PM

Re: Command line compiler for Windows

Marcelo wrote:
> Dear JNI programmers,
>
> is there a way to get the cl.exe compiler of Microsoft Visual c++
> without using this whole software?
>
> I just want to compile JNI programs with the cl.exe compiler.
>
> thanks a lot,
>
> Marcelo

You can down load the free c++ compiler from MS. I had to to use it to
recompile the Tomcat JK_MOD so I had to go thru hoops to used the free
Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003.

I have information at my website here..

http://weconsultants.servebeer.com/JHackerAppManager/Portal?xpc=1$@90$@1$@1&folder=20050711203836061

--

Thanks in Advance...
IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA

-William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)

Martin Honnen 01-22-2006 06:12 PM

Marcelo wrote:

> is there a way to get the cl.exe compiler of Microsoft Visual c++
> without using this whole software?

I think this
<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/info.aspx?na=22&p=1&SrcDisplayLang=en&SrcCategoryI d=10&SrcFamilyId=&u=%2fdownloads%2fdetails.aspx%3f FamilyID%3d272be09d-40bb-49fd-9cb0-4bfa122fa91b%26DisplayLang%3den>
is what you are looking for.

Note that the C/C++ compiler is also part of the .NET framework SDK that
is also available for download. Not sure however if that gives you all
header files and libraries for native stuff then. Platform SDK
<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A55B6B43-E24F-4EA3-A93E-40C0EC4F68E5&displaylang=en>
should fix that.

And the latest version is also currently available for free with Visual
Studio 2005 Express Visual C++:
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualc/>
That is the Visual Studio app then but that version is free currently.

--

Martin Honnen
http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

Tris Orendorff 01-22-2006 08:06 PM

Re: Command line compiler for Windows

Marcelo <mache_1999@hotmail.com> burped up warm pablum in

> Dear JNI programmers,
>
> is there a way to get the cl.exe compiler of Microsoft Visual c++
> without using this whole software?
>
> I just want to compile JNI programs with the cl.exe compiler.

Search for "cl.exe command line for windows" with google.com and look at
the first few articles.

--

Sincerely,

Tris Orendorff
[Two antennae meet on a roof, fall in love and get married. The ceremony
wasn't much, but the reception was excellent.]

Rogan Dawes 01-23-2006 07:18 AM

Marcelo wrote:
> Dear JNI programmers,
>
> is there a way to get the cl.exe compiler of Microsoft Visual c++
> without using this whole software?
>
> I just want to compile JNI programs with the cl.exe compiler.
>
> thanks a lot,
>
> Marcelo

You can also use the Cyginw MinGW port of the GCC C compiler on Windows
to build JNI dll's.

Rogan

Texter 07-04-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tris Orendorff (Post 646681)
Marcelo <mache_1999@hotmail.com> burped up warm pablum in

> Dear JNI programmers,
>
> is there a way to get the cl.exe compiler of Microsoft Visual c++
> without using this whole software?
>
> I just want to compile JNI programs with the cl.exe compiler.

Search for "cl.exe command line for windows" with google.com and look at
the first few articles.

--

Sincerely,

Tris Orendorff
[Two antennae meet on a roof, fall in love and get married. The ceremony
wasn't much, but the reception was excellent.]

Hey Orendorff: are you stupid?

dont post rubbish to forums. if you dont have an answer dont tell someone how to do something that doesn't answer the question.

I looked at the first few, and they are not that useful.
be helpful or dont post at all.

regards.