Velocity Reviews

-   -   How to save/write javax.mail.Folder to file? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t146514-how-to-save-write-javax-mail-folder-to-file.html)

Tomas 09-28-2005 03:12 AM

How to save/write javax.mail.Folder to file?

Hi,

Im making an e-mail client and i want to write received Messages to file.
I tried to write the hole object javax.mail.Folder,via ObjectOutPutStream,
to file but it dos not implement Serializable so i got Exception.

Is there any specific classes or methods in the java mail api that handles
writing messages and folders to file(i cant find it)? If not, any suggestions
on how to solve this in an easy way?

Best regards
/Tomas

Roedy Green 09-28-2005 05:35 AM

Re: How to save/write javax.mail.Folder to file?

On 28 Sep 2005 03:12:52 GMT, "Tomas" <t_granat@hotmail.com> wrote or
quoted :

> javax.mail.Folder,via ObjectOutPutStream,
>to file but it dos not implement Serializable so i got Exception.

JavaMail is like a set of Chinese boxes. You will have to take the
Folder apart until you get either to text or something that is
serialisable.
--
Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.