Velocity Reviews

-   -   java & active directory (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t146385-java-and-active-directory.html)

=?ISO-8859-2?Q?=A3ukasz_Gruszka?= 09-22-2005 07:40 AM

java & active directory

I'm trying to write some code in Java which can connect to Active
Directory server and authenticate user. I'm googling and I can't find
anything about it. Any ideas?

Best redgards
Lukasz G

Alexander Mueller 09-22-2005 08:20 AM

Re: java & active directory

Łukasz Gruszka wrote:
> I'm trying to write some code in Java which can connect to Active
> Directory server and authenticate user. I'm googling and I can't find
> anything about it. Any ideas?
>
> Best redgards
> Lukasz G

JNDI should provide you with the necessary functionality

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/...ndi/index.html

Alexander

Jan Peter Stotz 09-22-2005 08:23 AM

Re: java & active directory

Ɓukasz Gruszka schrieb:

> I'm trying to write some code in Java which can connect to Active
> Directory server and authenticate user. I'm googling and I can't find
> anything about it. Any ideas?

An Active Directory is from point of view of an Java program just a simple
LDAP server. User "Java Naming and Directory Interface" (JNDI) to access
it. If connection to the AD make sure you use the SSL encrypted way, not
the plaintext connection where anybody can sniff your passwords...

Jan

Roedy Green 09-22-2005 09:56 AM

Re: java & active directory

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jndi.html