Velocity Reviews

-   -   problems locating the concurrent EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent package (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t145588-problems-locating-the-concurrent-edu-oswego-cs-dl-util-concurrent-package.html)

Pep 08-15-2005 12:00 PM

problems locating the concurrent EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent package

I have a test java program that has this at the top

import EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.*;

but when I compile it I get this error

$ javac -classpath concurrent/ test.java
test.java:17: package EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent does not exist
import EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.*;
^
test.java:169: cannot access SynchronizedBoolean
bad class file: concurrent/SynchronizedBoolean.class
class file contains wrong class:
EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.SynchronizedBoole an
Please remove or make sure it appears in the correct subdirectory of the
classpath.
private static SynchronizedBoolean x = new
SynchronizedBoolean(false);
^
2 errors

I have downloaded and compiled the concurrent package in to the concurrent/
directory so it should exist?

Cheers,
Pep.

jan V 08-15-2005 12:23 PM

Re: problems locating the concurrent EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent package

Hi Pep, for the 1.5 JDK the bulk of this concurrent.* package got promoted
by Sun to java.util.concurrent. This info should take you a step closer to
compiling.. though it will require renaming of the imports.

Pep 08-15-2005 12:57 PM

jan V wrote:

> Hi Pep, for the 1.5 JDK the bulk of this concurrent.* package got promoted
> by Sun to java.util.concurrent. This info should take you a step closer to
> compiling.. though it will require renaming of the imports.

Unfortunately I am using java 1.4

John Currier 08-15-2005 05:46 PM

Re: problems locating the concurrent EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent package

I know it's difficult, but try Google:
http://www.google.com/search?q=EDU.o...til.concurrent

John
http://schemaspy.sourceforge.net

Roedy Green 08-16-2005 06:31 AM

Re: problems locating the concurrent EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent package

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 13:00:21 +0100, Pep <pep@nowhere.com> wrote or
quoted :

>I have downloaded and compiled the concurrent package in to the concurrent/
>directory so it should exist?

what does your classpath look like? copy/paste it here for us to look
at.

copy/paste the complete qualified name of a compiled file in the
concurrent package.

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/classpath.html

Pep 08-16-2005 07:25 AM

Roedy Green wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 13:00:21 +0100, Pep <pep@nowhere.com> wrote or
> quoted :
>
>>I have downloaded and compiled the concurrent package in to the
>>concurrent/ directory so it should exist?

> what does your classpath look like? copy/paste it here for us to look
> at.
>
> copy/paste the complete qualified name of a compiled file in the
> concurrent package.
>
> see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/classpath.html

I solved the problem. Turned out to be the classpath in the make file.

Thanks,
Pep.

Pep 08-16-2005 07:26 AM

John Currier wrote:

> I know it's difficult, but try Google:
> http://www.google.com/search?q=EDU.o...til.concurrent
>
> John
> http://schemaspy.sourceforge.net

Yep I did google for the package and unfortunately there is no answer for
the problem.

The documentation is very sparse on this package but it could not have
helped anyway as it turned out to be a faulty classpath in a nested make
file :(

Thanks for the help,
Pep.