Velocity Reviews

-   -   Need source code w/ lots of generics (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t145134-need-source-code-w-lots-of-generics.html)

Ian Pilcher 07-27-2005 03:51 AM

Need source code w/ lots of generics

I am working on updating the Java syntax highlighting rules in NEdit
(http://www.nedit.org) to handle generics, and I need some code to
really torture it.

Any pointers to one or two source files that really push generics to
their limits (multiple types, nesting, extends, super, comments in
unorthodox places, etc.) would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Ian Pilcher i.pilcher@comcast.net

Thomas Weidenfeller 07-27-2005 08:13 AM

Re: Need source code w/ lots of generics

Ian Pilcher wrote:
> I am working on updating the Java syntax highlighting rules in NEdit
> (http://www.nedit.org) to handle generics, and I need some code to
> really torture it.

Unpack the src.zip that comes with the JDK, and browse through the
collection classes.

> Any pointers to one or two source files that really push generics to
> their limits (multiple types, nesting, extends, super, comments in
> unorthodox places, etc.) would be appreciated.

It is Sun code, don't expect that they even follow there own coding
conventions.

/Thomas

--
The comp.lang.java.gui FAQ: