Velocity Reviews

-   -   Very Strange!! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t144980-very-strange.html)

Gene Daniel 07-20-2005 12:52 AM

Very Strange!!

I have a Java class that has a method that generates some HTML and returns
the HTML as a String. I then have a JSP page that has <%=foobar.getHtml()%>
to insert this generated HTML into the web page. The HTML that is generated
has a form that contains a number of tables as well as two iframes. Before
the method getHtml() returns I dump the string out to a file and everything
looks good, however, in the browser (IE or Firefox) the iframes are missing.
I take a look at the HTML source from the browser and where the iframe tag
is supposed to be I have a bunch of spaces (approximately the length of the
original iframe tag) and then the closing tag (</iframe>). All the rest of
the HTML is there. There are other areas in the web application that do this
very same thing (two iframes on a page) and they work fine. Why would only
the iframe tags be replaced with spaces? Please HELP!!! Thanks!!

- Gene

Andrew Thompson 07-20-2005 01:03 AM

Re: Very Strange!!

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 17:52:58 -0700, Gene Daniel wrote:

> I have a Java class that has a method that generates some HTML and returns
> the HTML as a String. I then have a JSP page

URL?

>...that has <%=foobar.getHtml()%>
> to insert this generated HTML into the web page. The HTML that is generated
> has a form that contains a number of tables as well as two iframes. Before
> the method getHtml() returns I dump the string out to a file and everything
> looks good, however, in the browser (IE or Firefox) the iframes are missing.

> ...Why would only
> the iframe tags be replaced with spaces? Please HELP!!! Thanks!!

<wild guess>
Installed SP 2 in your IE recently? Installed any tool in your
browser that aims to block pop-up ads, or ads in general?
</wild guess>

--
Andrew Thompson
When You See The Robot, Drink!

Gene Daniel 07-20-2005 01:11 AM

Re: Very Strange!!

Andrew,

Thanks for responding so quickly...

"Andrew Thompson" <SeeMySites@www.invalid> wrote in message
news:1bzuw9iavxvy2$.ab8z5oy9o1ey$.dlg@40tude.net.. .
> On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 17:52:58 -0700, Gene Daniel wrote:
>
>> I have a Java class that has a method that generates some HTML and
>> returns
>> the HTML as a String. I then have a JSP page

> URL?

Wouldn't do you any good. It's on an Intranet.

>>...that has <%=foobar.getHtml()%>
>> to insert this generated HTML into the web page. The HTML that is
>> generated
>> has a form that contains a number of tables as well as two iframes.
>> Before
>> the method getHtml() returns I dump the string out to a file and
>> everything
>> looks good, however, in the browser (IE or Firefox) the iframes are
>> missing.

>> ...Why would only
>> the iframe tags be replaced with spaces? Please HELP!!! Thanks!!

> <wild guess>
> Installed SP 2 in your IE recently? Installed any tool in your
> browser that aims to block pop-up ads, or ads in general?
> </wild guess>

Installed SP2 but long ago. This is not a popup it's an iframe. Don't feel
bad
I've been "wild guessing" for two days now!!!

Dilton McGowan II 07-20-2005 05:59 AM

Re: Very Strange!!

"Gene Daniel" <nospam@foobar.com> wrote in message
> Andrew,
>
> Thanks for responding so quickly...
>
> "Andrew Thompson" <SeeMySites@www.invalid> wrote in message
> news:1bzuw9iavxvy2$.ab8z5oy9o1ey$.dlg@40tude.net.. .
>> On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 17:52:58 -0700, Gene Daniel wrote:
>>
>>> I have a Java class that has a method that generates some HTML and
>>> returns
>>> the HTML as a String. I then have a JSP page

>> URL?

> Wouldn't do you any good. It's on an Intranet.
>

>>>...that has <%=foobar.getHtml()%>
>>> to insert this generated HTML into the web page. The HTML that is
>>> generated
>>> has a form that contains a number of tables as well as two iframes.
>>> Before
>>> the method getHtml() returns I dump the string out to a file and
>>> everything
>>> looks good, however, in the browser (IE or Firefox) the iframes are
>>> missing.

>>> ...Why would only
>>> the iframe tags be replaced with spaces? Please HELP!!! Thanks!!

>> <wild guess>
>> Installed SP 2 in your IE recently? Installed any tool in your
>> browser that aims to block pop-up ads, or ads in general?
>> </wild guess>
>>

> Installed SP2 but long ago. This is not a popup it's an iframe. Don't feel
> bad
> I've been "wild guessing" for two days now!!!
>
>> --
>> Andrew Thompson
>> physci.org 1point1c.org javasaver.com lensescapes.com athompson.info
>> When You See The Robot, Drink!

Install FireFox or Netscape 8 recently? They can cause issues with one or
more of Microsoft's rendering libraries. Sorry I've not found a fix for this
yet, if that's it.