Velocity Reviews

-   -   Chainsaw log viewer (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t144253-chainsaw-log-viewer.html)

iq 06-16-2005 02:34 PM

Chainsaw log viewer

Hi,

I am trying to get the source code for chainsaw and trying to make some
minor modifications. However, I am not able to proceed becase some
files are missing.

I downloaded the binaries and source code from
http://logging.apache.org/site/binindex.cgi
logging-log4j-1.3alpha-6.zip

The build.xml file refers to 'build-chainsaw.xml' file, but it does not
exists in the distribution. Because of this it creates all kinds of
compilation issues. I tried to tweak the build scripts, but it still
does not work.

Is there any other ways to get the source and compile.

Any inputs or links will be appreciated.
thanks
..iqlas

scott 06-17-2005 02:38 AM

Re: Chainsaw log viewer

Chainsaw has moved into its own CVS module and the build-chainsaw.xml
doesn't access that module.

Here's info on how to grab the source from CVS:
http://logging.apache.org/site/cvs-repositories.html

The module you want is the logging-chainsaw module

Scott

Krzysztof 09-19-2012 11:02 AM

Re: Chainsaw log viewer

I have switched from Chainsaw to OtrosLogViewer http://code.google.com/p/otroslogviewer/. It has many features and license is also Apache2.0

Arne Vajhøj 09-19-2012 10:23 PM

Re: Chainsaw log viewer

On 9/19/2012 7:02 AM, Krzysztof wrote:
> W dniu czwartek, 16 czerwca 2005 16:34:00 UTC+2 użytkownik iq napisał:
>> I am trying to get the source code for chainsaw and trying to make some
>> minor modifications. However, I am not able to proceed becase some
>> files are missing.
>>
>> I downloaded the binaries and source code from
>> http://logging.apache.org/site/binindex.cgi
>> logging-log4j-1.3alpha-6.zip
>>
>> The build.xml file refers to 'build-chainsaw.xml' file, but it does not
>> exists in the distribution. Because of this it creates all kinds of
>> compilation issues. I tried to tweak the build scripts, but it still
>> does not work.
>>
>> Is there any other ways to get the source and compile.
>>
>> Any inputs or links will be appreciated.

> I have switched from Chainsaw to OtrosLogViewer http://code.google.com/p/otroslogviewer/. It has many features and license is also Apache2.0

If another posting of yours is to be believed then you are not
a happy user but the author of that software.

Honesty please!

And after 7 years the OP probably found a solution anyway.

:-)

Arne