Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Java Network Programming FAQ (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t143849-re-java-network-programming-faq.html)

Esmond Pitt 05-31-2005 07:08 AM

Re: Java Network Programming FAQ

Good grief, must be the end of the month, here it is again, now 6 years
out of date and in some respects wrong from the start.

Thomas Weidenfeller 05-31-2005 08:40 AM

Esmond Pitt wrote:
> Good grief, must be the end of the month, here it is again, now 6 years
> out of date and in some respects wrong from the start.

Did you try to contact the author? The FAQ distribution is apparently on
auto-pilot via the mit.edu server. Getting the FAQ distribution from
mit.edu changed requires an FAQ-specific password, which the author
should have. Probably the author just forgot about pulling it when he
moved to something else.

The best would of course be that someone (your? :-) provides a better
replacement for the FAQ.

/Thomas

--
The comp.lang.java.gui FAQ:

Esmond Pitt 06-01-2005 10:26 AM

Thomas Weidenfeller wrote:
> Esmond Pitt wrote:
>
>> Good grief, must be the end of the month, here it is again, now 6
>> years out of date and in some respects wrong from the start.

> Did you try to contact the author?

Yes I did and the reaction couldn't have been any clearer that he wasn't
interested in feedback. Thanks for the info.

Thomas Weidenfeller 06-01-2005 11:13 AM

Esmond Pitt wrote:
> Yes I did and the reaction couldn't have been any clearer that he wasn't
> interested in feedback. Thanks for the info.

Maybe you can discuss it with the server maintainers
news-answers-request at mit.edu, citing the author's response, and ask
them to suspend the posting because it is outdated.

/Thomas

--
The comp.lang.java.gui FAQ:

Esmond Pitt 06-02-2005 09:07 AM

Thomas Weidenfeller wrote:
> Maybe you can discuss it with the server maintainers
> news-answers-request at mit.edu, citing the author's response, and ask
> them to suspend the posting because it is outdated.

Thanks Thomas, I have contacted the author and if I get no response I
will take the action you suggest. Enough is enough.