Velocity Reviews

-   -   jni with Eclipse (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t143655-jni-with-eclipse.html)

autogoor@yahoo.com 05-20-2005 06:24 PM

jni with Eclipse

Does Eclipse support JNI? Can I use Eclipse to generate .h files for
JNI?

Thanks,

Autogoor

Dale King 05-21-2005 09:04 PM

Re: jni with Eclipse

autogoor@yahoo.com wrote:
> Does Eclipse support JNI? Can I use Eclipse to generate .h files for
> JNI?

It has no special support for it, but it has the ability to execute
external tools (the toolbar button next to run and debug). With that you
can invoke any program on your computer.

Simply create an external tools launch configuration for invoking the
javah tool. That's what I do. For the tool location, I simply use
"${env_var:JAVA_HOME}\bin\javah.exe". Then when you want to regenerate
the headers simply invoke that launch configuration.

I recommend that you save the launch configuration to your project
(under the Common tab).
--
Dale King

jeconnolly 07-18-2008 01:42 AM

JNI with eclipse + CDT

Well, it's 3 years late, but...

Actually, I've used some configurations to CDT that make JNI with eclipse pretty easy.

I've used it for pretty complex stuff, like cross-compiling on an x86 machine for arm, into OSGi bundles...

Check out http://cvs.buglabs.net with the com.buglabs.bug.jni stuff for example... let me know what you're trying to do and I may be able to help. 8)