Velocity Reviews

-   -   MVC Multiple Models (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t143191-mvc-multiple-models.html)

Steven 05-02-2005 10:07 PM

MVC Multiple Models

I am looking over the initial design for my application and I see many
models. I am trying to figure out how to keep all my application
models up to date.

I have one main application model that I did to store all the
application information, but I also seem to have other models that
will need to be synced up; I have a model for a JTable and several
JTrees. Is this normal? or should I make my original application model
map to these Java components ?

--Steve

Jonck 05-02-2005 11:08 PM

Re: MVC Multiple Models

In <pq8d71p5t1m1ff4om4j3098cjt9kuuvnen@4ax.com> Steven wrote:
> I am looking over the initial design for my application and I see many
> models. I am trying to figure out how to keep all my application
> models up to date.
>
> I have one main application model that I did to store all the
> application information, but I also seem to have other models that
> will need to be synced up; I have a model for a JTable and several
> JTrees. Is this normal? or should I make my original application model
> map to these Java components ?

I suggest you read the following tutorial:
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerwork...ary/j-filters/

I'm reasonably sure it will be helpful to your situation.

Regards, Jonck