Velocity Reviews

-   -   [STRUTS] ActionForm and Date fields (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t142793-struts-actionform-and-date-fields.html)

Hamvil 04-16-2005 09:36 PM

[STRUTS] ActionForm and Date fields

Hello,

I have a problem in developing an application that use the struts frameswork.

Basically I have a formBean with some properties that are Date object:

public class PersonBean
extends ValidatorForm {

private String name;
private Date birthDate;

}

When the associated form is submitted the following exception is raised:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: argument type mismatch

What's wrong with this form?

Thanks in advance.

Wendy S 04-16-2005 10:50 PM

Re: [STRUTS] ActionForm and Date fields

"Hamvil" <roberto.riggio@gmail.com> wrote

> I have a problem in developing an application that use the struts
> frameswork.
>
> Basically I have a formBean with some properties that are Date object:

Use Strings for your form properties. Otherwise how will you validate and
re-display incorrect user input?

--
Wendy